• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

KB21, Roy would have been perfect as YOU once said

Guest Walter

I have to agree with Diesel here. Amare overpowered and finished several times against Josh. Josh got into foul trouble early because he couldn't handle him down low, from what I remember.

Amare looked as good last night as I've ever seen him. He can attack from the foul line in better than any player I can think of, and he almost always finishes.

Quote:

Everybody loves a good jump on KB flip flopping moment... BUT you just had a flip and a flop of your own. There are countless threads where you say that JSmoove should not and cannot play the PF...

I remember, because I agreed.

I have always supported TWO OPTIONS: 1) trade the lesser of MW and JS (always MW IMO), or 2) Somehow get a potentially dominant 2-way center to play alongside MW and JS at the forwards. I still believe JS is not a Pf. He's playing Pf but we still need a two way center, one who can defend the bigger players and who is a post scorer, to make a team with him playing Pf most effective.

Quote:

What we see in Shelden so far is that he lacks consistency because he plays inconsistent minutes.

Whatever. SW sucks. Relative to Roy he sucks ROY-ALLY!

Quote:

Right now, Woody is not in a position where he can experiment with Lineups.. he has to go with what works. What is working is Smoove at the 4.

Smoove "working" at the 4 is because we don't have any other real options there and we have so many other Sf options that are talented and need to see the court for this team to be remotely successful. It's not because it's the right thing to do WITHOUT A LEGIT CENTER, it's because it's the best thing to do amongst alot of lesser options. I d@mn sure want MW and JS on the court more than any combination with SW! THAT IS A MUCH LESSER OPTION and THAT demonstrates to what extent SW SUCKS! SW is our only "true Pf" but because he sucks so badly, we are forced to play JS at Pf. Just because JS at Pf is better than anythign involvign SW doesn't mean it makes us a contender. Diesel, in short, YOU ARE NOT BEING SOPHISTICATED ENOUGH! I have a position that is very consistent, yet nuanced. It provides for two options to make for a contender. Try being more sophisticated in your thinking.

Let me add, SW was deemed a "Woody pick" and at one time played significantly for us, for him to be out of the rotation speaks even more to his being a bust.

Quote:

Does this mean that Shelden is a bust? Shelden is no more a bust than Arenas was in his first year at GS.

Arenas was a sophomore coming out so he wasn't even supposed to be NBA -ready, much less MOST NBA-READY. Arenas was drafted in the 2nd rd so he was a windfall! AND ARENAS statistically dominated SW his rookie year! WHat a great argument AGAINST SW you just made!

Quote:

I still believe that Shelden is the best big out of last years draft.

Whatever that means.

Quote:

He dominated Craig Smith when we played Minny and the other kid at Boston. We just don't have time to play him consistently.

I'd rather have at least 3 other bigs than SW all drafted later. I prefer draft value over meaningless rhetoric.

Quote:

Personally, I hope he learns to defend the post. Last night, Amare Stoudamire took him into the low post and schooled him. Somebody has to teach Smoove that you don't let a big get that close to the basket.... Because most bigs have a move.

That's my point. Get a good center prospect in here so MW and SW can potentially play alongside each other without being a liability or get me a post player SOMEHOW. The fact that you don't mention SW's ability to defend amare indicates that SW isn't even good enough to get on the court when we desperately need post defense. He really sucks.

W

Quote:

KB is probably Knight or one of his kids, seriously.

What's the deal with REPEATEDLY saying Roy was a perfect backcourt compliement to JJ before Knight's promise to SW was known and then asking "where would Roy play for us"?

Seriously man, at some point you have to face yourself on this one. You can "like" BK all you want but why flippity floppity just to support one of his moves?

W

Quote:

JT had his faults as a point guard, but with Joe Johnson at the shooting guard position, JT would have had the perfect back court mate for him. We could really use JT's shooting ability right now.

Just replace the word "JT" with "Roy" and tack on significantly more athleticism for Roy and you have KB's argument for Roy 8 months ago.

Geeze.

W

Quote:

I have to agree with Diesel here. Amare overpowered and finished several times against Josh. Josh got into foul trouble early because he couldn't handle him down low, from what I remember.

"Several" times is not many when someone has 43 points. He scored MUCH more on others than Josh. Josh got one foul taking a charge on Amare, and it was called a block, his other foul was a stupid over the back call where Josh was trying to get the rebound at the free throw line. Amare had 27 points in the first half, Smith played 9 minutes. Sure Smith got dunked on by Amare twice, but the first one was obviously a charge (which they also didn't call).

I'm not saying Smith didn't get scored on by Amare, but he stopped or blocked him almost as many times as he was scored on. He was the only one on our team that could even TRY to slow down Amare, but most people don't stop Amare anyway.

Still, why didn't Shelden get more minutes? He was brought in the be a great post defender, and last night was THE reason we drafted him, how come he only got 4 minutes?? It's because in those 4 minutes he gave up offensive rebounds and a few baskets. Our d was worse with him in there.

Quote:

Quote:

KB is probably Knight or one of his kids, seriously.

KB is BK backwards.. hmmm... What number was Billy Knight when he played.. 12 or 21??

An excellent idea but unless there is some algorithm I'm not seeing KB is his own lieing, flip-flopping man.

W

Man, what's up with you? All you do is bash, bash, and bash some more. I've never seen a positive comment from you even on days where we win or play well.

I agree that every fan has the right to express his/her opinion and I do believe you are indeed a Hawks fan. However, I just don't understand your endless big man rant. It's obvious that we need improved PG and C play as you've so eloquently stated every day since the draft.

It's also obvious that this team has the potential to be very good. But somehow you can't or won't accept this.

No disrespect intended as I'm just to trying understand why you can't get over your fixation on our lack of a big man. Is it too much to ask that you move on to another topic - one that hopefully would provide an opportunity for you to express a positive viewpoint.

It's because KB21 was just saying "why do we need Roy?..Where would we play him?" in another thread, when before the draft he wanted Roy more than anyone. KB21 will abandon his own beliefs to support BK, even when BK's have proved wrong and what KB originally believed proved right.

Walter was just calling him out on it, and rightfully so.

KB is a doctor in Mississippi, or at least in med school. I also believe he is somehow connected to Billy because he couldn't be like that and be just a regular fan. Maybe a nephew or something. But even if you really like a player or coach you wouldn't contradict yourself that blatantly. And this instance is only one time, there have been more.