• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Still can't believe we passed on ROY!!!

emeans

Just venting!!!! I know I am beating a dead horse, however I am still pissed about drafting Shelden over a potential superstar player.

We have passed on two rookie of the years and two potential perrenial All-stars in two consecutive drafts. BK has to held accountable for this.

Paul when we needed a point guard that year and ROY when everyone said he was probably the most talented in this draft in favor of a pre-determined role player.

Unbelievable!! These are not hard picks or picks that take a lot of thought and analysis. They were right there stairing BK right in the face for the taking!!!

Guest Walter

Quote:

Just venting!!!! I know I am beating a dead horse, however I am still pissed about drafting Shelden over a potential superstar player.

Or else he'll say you're making excuses for MW...WTF?!?

Roy is averaging 6.8 APG the last 5 games. Where would he play for us KB?!? Where oh where would he play for us?

W

As crappy as it is to beat a dead horse, this one does need some Barbaro type ending. As much as Marvin is bashed here, Sheldon should be thrown under the bus and then some! I'm not even gonna get into the Roy thing, but it's obvious. Just obvious, that BK blew another one. banghead.gif

Guest Walter

Quote:

Sheldon should be thrown under the bus and then some!

I think it would have been obvious not to pick him. I think that in a workout SW's many inadequacies at the next level would have been exposed, even against last year's generally less expereinced bigs. We were too busy drawing up a contract for SW to do that I guess.

W

I was furious in the chatroom on draft night. Could not believe we passed on Roy. Thought a JJ/Roy backcourt would have been special. Yes, neither is a true PG, but having 2 ball-handling players reduces the need for a true PG. The Bulls did fine with Pippen/Jordan handling the ball.

I still believe Shelden will be solid, but he's not going to be near star-level like Roy.

it's obvious to everyone that sheldon was a dumb pick. at least marvin has shown that he'll be an above average player. sheldon doesn't even hae a place on this team. having roy at the point is a whole lot better than seeing speedy/ lue/ johnson/ ivey. i'm cool with marvin over paul but this draft was a complete waste. sad thing is everyone knew it and could do nothing about it. this season hurts... alot.

My problem is...if we were thinking about matchup problems, wouldn't Roy/JJ/Smoove/Marv...present a helluva lot more problems than Lue/Claxton/AJ? I understand that we needed a rebounder and defensive presence, but Shelden is horrific at best. I don't want to lament our loss, but we could have at least played the draft a helluva lot better than we did.

I am going to have to keep beating this dead horse, until it wakes up from the dead.

We should have been a pretty good playoff team right now in the East and we are not.

Shelden over Roy takes the cakes. And to tell the world weeks before the draft is even more idiotic!!!

Shelden over Roy was BK's BIGGEST mistake and he has mad more than his share. Chill and Marvin were not the right picks but they can both play and are long term contributors. Shelden's ass is nail gunned to the bench because he can't play. The difference between Shelden and Roy is light years.

I laugh at all the BS posts claiming Shelden could play the 5 some...he can't play period.