• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks now 3rd worst.

CBAreject

You have no "plan A".

Besides, the trading capital that a #3 pick would have would also justify tanking, as would Crittenton's early entry. You could also consider taking Noah, Thabeet, or Wright and still be substantially better off.

If we lose this pick we are screwed. We assured ourselves of that when we blew cap space on Speedy/Lo/AJ. If we had 15 million in cap, I would not be saying that we absolutely have to tank.

This brings us back to your plan A. What was it again? Praying Marvin becomes an All-Star AND Solomon becomes Dalembert AND Law falls to us at the 18th pick or whatever it is?

All of those unlikely things can happen even if we do tank and get unlucky.

Guest Walter

Quote:

and the lottery is nowhere close to being a sure thing.

Return to your single days, think up your 3 favorite beauties, and think to yourself a 50/50 shot with one of them is pretty d@mn good.

Quote:

what happens if the "A" bomb is dropped and the Hawks lose out on the lottery? this is afterall a 2 man draft. you guys have no plan B. get yourselves a "morning after" pill and come talk to me.

Nothing that wouldn't happen if didn't even try. We ARE 3rd worst now! We can't destroy this team's confidence anymore than "do nothing" can. Remember, tanking doesn't exclude doing anything and everything this offseason. Although the AJ contract and ownership flack would seem to anyhow.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

If you guys were in a hold 'em tourney, would you want to get your chips in on that 48% shot or on the 18% shot. I think it's a no-brainer, but I've seen some pretty stupid poker players in my day.

...play it.

But the odds and penalty for not playing them are clear. I predict a JJ melt-down by January of next year (March if we make a coaching change) if we do not significantly alter this team's prospects and you know the only way I think that's going to happen is if we retain our top 3 pick.

Watch for the JJ melt-down. Stress signs are already showing. The "Bobby Sura Contingency" can hold themselves and those up top who think like them responsible for it.

W