• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

hawks update of the week

Hawksfreak

Dan Dickau came to atlanta and the first words he said "I want to be on a team that wants me to be here". Those very words tell you that this guy is ready to go and help us back into the playoffs! David Andersen (hawks 37th pick) has been sent down to europe to develope and get stronger. I talked to Pete the other day and he said Dave with later be a "GEM" to this team becuase its very rare to find 7 footers. As for our free agents Ira "the Newbleizer" Newble is going to be resigned,but JV is a big question mark since we have two PGs already. There is still time for possible trades I will update yall on them when I get info and will start doing a "hawks update of the week"!

The Sporting News is reporting that the hawks are only going to use Dickau and JT together sparingly (but then again i'm sure we all knew that). They also reported that JT WILL be the pg next year...with that said I think we're solid at pg and center (if Theo stays healthy of course). Also I don't think we're that bad off at pf, think about it, all we need is someone to come off the bench and give Shareef time to rest. I like our chances if DJ finally steps it up.

Guest Walter

I think we could still use some more help at Sf. Any names mentioned? I'm assuming we would have to do a trade or make a cut to have enough roster space.

W

JT is a scorer and Danny is a PG and the good thing is Dan and JT already know eachother very well! They know eachother's game. DJ will have a breakout season next year I can feel it! He is growing by the minute! this is the probable starting lineup for 2003

PG: Dan Dickau

SG:JT

SF:"the Newbleizer"

PF:Reef

C: "Rattler"

The problem is all 5 starting spots are filled with undersized

players.Dickau/JT can't start in a backcourt and win WITH

THE TYPE OF GAME THE HAWKS RUN.Sadly,we aren't the

Kings.

I like DJ at SG but we'll see. Your proposed starting lineup is pretty weak honestly. Included is a Rookie Point Guard, CBA SF, and a center that has played 3 games with his 4 co-starters. There is a ton of potential there if they all have very good seasons, but....

I think Dan/JT could almost work if we went to the Kings

style of offense...but other than that it will not work.Only

they and the Mavs starting Nash/Van Exel could really

work.

Adam Keefe? I haven't heard that name in a while (thank goodness)...I think what's going to really hurt DD is his height. At 6'0 he's not going to see a lot of time on the court if JT is playing sg and if JT is playing pg then of course he's going to be riding the bench. I think he'll be o.k. but it would sure help our cause if he were at least 6'4.

are you basing comparisons of dickau to adam keefe and bobby hurley on anything other than wild conjecture? and most honestly how many times have you seen him (dickau) play?

the last time I checked adam keefe was a PF anyway...

I saw dickau play several times, just like Keefe I he was great in college but, just doesn't impress me as a pro. Everytime I see him I see Adam Keefe. And on top of it, he is not even coming out of a major Conference, which is another negative. I even worry about that with my personal favorite Chris Marcus. I hope I am wrong about Dan though.

The kings are not a bunch of Shortys either.

Peja, Turk are both Huge and they play those guys as SGs and SFs sometimes. The other thing that we are missing is even when Bibby, Jackson is on the floor together look at the size of the other guys?? Peja, Webber, and Vlade are all sizable... Compared to: Ira, SAR, and Theo?

I can understand having doubts about players that come from weaker conferences... there are always questions about the levels of competition... I believe that gonzaga is an exception for a few reasons however... they played a number of solid D-1 teams last year (illinois, fresno state, marquette, st john's, texas, washington)

Also how many teams from weaker conferences have consistently had NCAA success like gonzaga? (they went to the elite eight the year before dickau I believe)...

Coach Few is an excellent and well-regarded coach that is excellent at coaching fundamentals...

I suppose that it is obvious that I have seen dickau a lot and like his game a ton... but remaining objectively I see him as being a good to great pro...

hell we wasted a lottery pick on keefe and only gave up a late first rounder for dickau too, so that should hopefully put us somewhere out of the debit column...