• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al Horford, 6-10, Junior, PF/C, Florida

DrReality

He's got the most NBA ready body of any big man in recent memory. Dude is chiseled. He might be the number three pick in the draft and would fit very well for us if we got that pick. He's defiantely a starter who could clog the middle and play defense. Very impressive and confident. Last night down the stretch when things got tight, he was relaxed and took the game on his shoulders. Hell of a pf.

Watching the game last night, I kept thinking how great it would be to add Horford. Maybe I'm too caught up with all this "small ball" type of thinking, but if we could draft him with the 3rd pick I'd like to try him at C with Smoove at PF.

That would be about as close as you could get to the Marion-Amare 4-5 combo that the Suns were running two years ago, and we would also have JJ at the 2 just like that team did, and Marvin at the 3 instead of Q Richardson...which is nearly a wash. All we'd need was a Steve Nash-type of player and we'd be decent version of the Suns....

Anyway, Horford is unbelievably quick and athletic and so is Josh Smith, and I think it would be really hard for a lot of teams to deal with all that Speed and athleticism. And Horford is really prettty strong and can block some shots and rebound, and he has a developing post game, so I think he could give us at least as much "center" type of production as Zaza or anyone else we play at that position.

Then I think we'd need someone like Ty Lawson to run the point, someone who can really, really fly up and down the court and push the pace. I feel he's probably not all that likely to declare this year, and if he does we'd probably need the 11 pick from Indy to get him.

So...in my fantasy world, if we get the 3rd and 11th pick (which I know would never happen), I'd like to see this lineup next season...I really think we could run a lot of teams right off the floor:

PG: Tywon Lawson

SG: Joe Johnson

SF: Marvin Williams

PF: Josh Smith

CR: Al Horford

Bench: AJ, T-Lue, J-Chill, Solo, Zaza

Quote:

I wondered about his height too, but he plays big. Bid shoulders, long arms. Just a stud. Reminds me of Horace Grant and how he did all the dirty work. He's 6'10'' just like everyone else is 6'9", 7', etc. Space eater.

he reminds me of Vin Baker