• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's Trade of the Day???!??!??!??

Actually, the trade has a very simple premise. Let me fix this trade because there were some pieces I left off by accident:

Duncan to Orlando

Armstrong to GS

Miller/Hunter to Atlanta

Nazr/Fortson/1st rounder from Atlanta/2 1st from Orlando to San Antonio.

Everybody get what they want. The hard part is San Antonio.

They like Duncan but it's probably assured that Duncan will not stay. So... They trade Duncan and continue with their rebuilding.....

Duncan goes to Orlando. In return they get: 3 1st rounders and Nazr/Fortson. It might not seem like a lot but Losing Duncan, Robinson, and Smitty in the same year gives San Antonio the opportunity to rebuild. Rebuilding goes over easy with 4 1st round picks? Or at least it should.

Orlando gets Duncan.

When you add Hill, Duncan, and McGrady together Orlando could have a dynasty. They give up Miller and Hunter. ONly because they cannot afford to keep and to pay these guys. So instead of paying so much through the nose in luxury tax (Orlando doens't believe in taxes anyway) they bite the bullet and trade them away. They also trade away those picks that they have gathered over the years.

Armstrong to GS. This move as well as trading Miller/Hunter has to be done. It's a cap clearing Move. Doc can train any PG to work with that team he has. IN fact, the kid from LAC that they had last yr worked pretty well. Armstorng's 4 million is just excess.

Atlanta gives up Nazr/1st rounder. I'm thinking our own 1st and make it unprotected because we've already gauranteed playoffs. smile.gif

As far as what we get in return... Miller. He's good. He would be our starting Sf. He can shoot, rebound, and even pass. I can see him as a 16 ppg Sf. Then add in Hunter. He's not going to get the number of Rebounds that Nazr can grab but Hunter will be a good shot blocker in the Theo mold if we can put some weight on him.

The lines are not so blurry... It's a trade that helps everyone in one way or another.