• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nightly tank recap

kelston827

From now until the end of the season, I'll try my best to recap the night's games and how they impact the Hawks' draft position. We'll use the Pacers as the "division leader."

Team GB

12. Pacers --

11. Knicks 1.0 (lost to 76ers)

10. T'Wolves 1.0

9. Kings 1.5 (play later tonight against Nuggets)

8. 76ers 2.0 (beat Knicks tonight)

7. Sonics 2.0 (in progress against the Hornets)

6. Blazers 2.5 (play later tonight against Jazz)

5. Bobcats 3.0 (beat Wiz tonight)

4. Hawks 5.5 (lost to Nets tonight)

3. Bucks 6.5 (in progress against Celtics)

2. Celtics 8.5 (in progress against the Bucks)

1. Grizzlies 14

Feel free to check my numbers. So far, everything has gone the Hawks way tonight. First, the Hawks lost. The Bobcats won, giving Atlanta more of a cushion on the No. 4 seed. The 76ers beat the Knicks, giving the Pacers a little room for error as the No. 12 seed.

Not only that, but the Bucks are beating the Celtics by 10 with 4 minutes left, meaning the Hawks can move a half-game from the No. 3 seed. And New Orleans is beating the Sonics.

Perfect night, so far. Go Bucks, Hornets, Jazz and Nuggets!!

Sucks, I thought I'd be able to edit the original post.

New standings

Team GB

12. Pacers --

10. T'Wolves 1.0

8. 76ers 2.0 (beat Knicks tonight)

7. Sonics 2.0 (in progress against the Hornets)

4. Hawks 5.5 (lost to Nets tonight)

3. Bucks 6.0 (beat Celtics)

2. Celtics 9 (lost to Bucks)

1. Grizzlies 14

Hornets blew a 13-point fourth-quarter lead by scoring 6 in the final quarter. At least they're headed to OT.

New standings

Team GB

12. Pacers --

10. T'Wolves 1.0

8. 76ers 2.0 (beat Knicks)

7. Sonics 2.5 (lost to Hornets)

4. Hawks 5.5 (lost to Nets)

1. Grizzlies 14

Everything has happened as planned. Nugs are up 7, Jazz are up 1.

Quote:

No, we want the Sonics to lose. They're not going to catch us, and I'd rather them increase the cushion between themselves and the Pacers.

The Hornets are crushing them in OT.

Yeah - I guess you're right. I just fear we will mess around and beat somebody we aren't supposed to.

But the Indy pick is the one we can count on so you are right. bowdown.gif

Great Great night for the Hawk's. Milwaukee winning and Charlotte winning now its 1/2 game lead by Milwaukee with Friday's big game against the Bucks in Atlanta. I just can't see the Hawks losing the game the Bucks are to weak and the Hawks play better at home. Only 7 games left going into friday and I think its going to the wire.

I know the 3rd worst record doesn't guarantee anything however drafting 3rd in the history of the draft has produced more winning no1 picks than no2 or no1 and we are that close to getting the 3rd worst record. The last thing I want to see is the 3rd worst team if not atlanta, get the no1 pick and the franchise center,bigs we so desperately needed because we beat the bucks friday night.Of course you can say any of these games are crucial but when your facing the other fav tanking team you don't have to depend on anyone else beating them just go out and find a way to lose. Bench JS play the second team it could mean the difference of potential championships or just another team.

GO BUCKS! elefant.gif GO CHARLOTTE drink.gif

Quote:

Great Great night for the Hawk's. Milwaukee winning and Charlotte winning now its 1/2 game lead by Milwaukee with Friday's big game against the Bucks in Atlanta.

GO BUCKS!
elefant.gif
GO CHARLOTTE
drink.gif

At this point I only look at the loss column and the schedule. the 1/2 game (?)...we need to tie the bucks in the loss column so it's all about Friday night.

1/2 game-wise, the Bucks would play the water boys to keep that spot in their last game.

We may get a break though...if Boston is safe (position-wise) they may try to win here for looks. I wouldn't count on them damn Celtics though.

To be fair MW24...I took off my tanking hat when we went on our winning streak and would have happily kept it off if we were even close to the running for the eighth spot.

But we started losing again and now this is our only hope to improve longterm.

Is it a little fun to track the tanking teams? - yeah, it is. Would it be more fun to be talking about the playoffs? Darned right it would...but we're not so this is the only game in town.

I make no apologies...if we have a better shot at Oden/Durant against other tanking teams - GREAT. thumb3d.gif

Guest Walter

Quote:

if you lose, you get pissed of and mad. But when you are tanking you don't really get that mad if you win.
tongue.gif

Alsthough at this point, that 3rd worst record is so close we've got to grab at it with zeal.

W

Final standings for the night

Team GB

12. Pacers --

10. T'Wolves 1.0

9. Kings 2.0 (lost to Nuggets)

8. 76ers 2.0 (beat Knicks)

7. Blazers 2.0 (beat the Jazz)

6. Sonics 2.5 (lost to Hornets)

4. Hawks 5.5 (lost to Nets)

1. Grizzlies 14

Late night games had the Kings losing, moving a half-game worse than the Pacers, and the Blazers winning against the Jazz, the lone game of the night that went against the Hawks. All in all, a great night.

Quote:

...Although at this point, that 3rd worst record is so close we've got to grab at it with zeal.

W

That's exactly right Walt...

...and it isn't going to be easy and I doubt the BK/Woody braintrust can do it. But we gotta try. Maybe the Bucks are dumber than us. All the players are gonna try - how can we lose at home to a team that has tanked ALL starters?

Maybe their scrubs can beat us? We need Devine intervention.

I agree it's win win with this tanking mindset. If we lose, we have better draft odds. If we win, a win is a win. It's still cool.

Tonight was huge because it means we can afford to win against the Bucks and still be alive for the 3rd spot.

If the results were different we could have been taken pretty far out of contention with a win over the Bucks.

Now if we beat them there is still a great chance we catch them.