• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is 23-10 realistic for the second Half????

LastDon

I think that in order for us to make the playoffs will have to post a record in this range to make the post season. I think that beating Golden State would be a very good start.

It's going to be a tough game because our "should have been "coach has those guys playing good basketball out West.

Personally I feel like we have the talent to get on a good winning streak and maybe make the playoffs.

I think that the next 5 games are going to be very tough. We play the warriors at Home, Toronto(with Vince) on the road, a Home and Home with Indy, and Big D on the road.

I think the success or failure of the team in next 5 games will determine if the teams is broken up or not.

It would be great to win the first 2 games get a spit with Indy and Upset Dallas on the road. I think that if this scenario happens that we will make the playoffs!!!!

Go Hawks!!!!!!

10-7 on the road and 13-3 at home. 17 games against teams with losing records. If we can go 14-3 against the teams with losing records and 8-8 against the teams with winning records that would put us at 22-11 for the second half still probably good enough to make the playoffs.

Memphis isn't more talented. It's crazy to think so. Any NBA personnel exec would tell you the same thing. There are several opinions out there about the Hawks and their talent level. I was in Memphis recently and talked to one of the Grizzlies scouts, and he agrees that there is no excuse for the Hawks being as bad as they are with the talent they have. He thinks the team has serious chemistry problems that is a "too many cooks in the kitchen" type of thing between Terry, Robinson, and Abdur-Rahim.

All the Hawks really have is scorers.7RPG is

nothing to write home about.Hendu averages

over 5RPG in under 20MPG.

There is a excuse.The Hawk players overall

talents are limited.

Battier/Gasol/Gooden/JWill/Dickerson is better

than what the Hawks have.They are just younger.

Theo was a fluke allstar.He's no a perinnel(sp?)allstar

and either is Robinson or Reef.

I'd trade any Hawk player for Gooden right now.

The Hawk players simply aren't as good.JT brings

nothing besides scoring...He doesn't run the offense

and he averages 1.7 steals but he plays passing lanes

to do it....He shots at a low pecertange,doesn't rebound

or play defense.Robinson the samething.Robinson is

like a Rodney Rogers.

why are you a hawks fan??? I don't post as much as I used to but I browse the sight everyday and all your post are so negative towards the team. It's like you feel that every team in the league is so much better than our team. Personally, I think that besides about 7 teams in the NBA as a whole that the rest of the league has alot of parrity.

Me personally I'm probaby optimistic to a fault and I think that 5 out of the last 7 with a new coach and new system is something to get excited about for the second half of the season.

I'm not from Atlanta and support the team more than people that stay in the city. I see why attendance is so low because most of the people in the city beliefs are probably similar to yours.

I pray that the team is sold to Charlotte where the people care more about their team than they do others!!!!!!

That's your opinion and I respect it but personally I think it sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You go to any other city that has an NBA team and a majority of the fans harbor feelings like Diesel's. He might make crazy trades and predictions but no one can say that he don't love the Hawks and wish they do well.

I guess the majority of the fans in the great city of Atlanta are of a different breed than the other major cities across the globe.

• Premium Member

HD is right...the Hawks are only playing well now because they have nothing to lose (i.e., the season is all but over). Everyone five games someone says, "If they play well the next five games, then..." It's time to move on...trade a big contract for flexibility in resigning JT & bringing in a better SG. Your lottery-bound Hawks are done.

Big Dog is a scoring role player.He need alittle more

than that.He's expendable here.

JT what does he bring to the table besides scoring?And

even that has shown some decline this season....40%fg

would probably be a career low and his scoring is down.His

assist are up,but everybody can see they aren't from

running the offense.

"I pray that the team is sold to Charlotte where the people care more about their team than they do others!!!!!! "

How long would they support players that aren't about

winning?Not very long.

"

Me personally I'm probaby optimistic to a fault and I think that 5 out of the last 7 with a new coach and new system is something to get excited about for the second half of the season."

Yeah beating 3 teams(one twice)and losing to Miami

by 20 points is really exciting.Get real.That 5 out of

7 don't mean jack.Every team will have one of those

spells....big deal.

"

I guess the majority of the fans in the great city of Atlanta are of a different breed than the other major cities across the globe."

No other city has a team like the Hawks.Mediocre and

proud of it.

"It's like you feel that every team in the league is so much better than our team."

That is because all but about 3 or 4 are.And those

teams have a brighter future thanks to Mr.Babcock.

the players on our team DO NOT suck...we may have some chemistry issues or not the right fit or whatever is causing our problems, but if there is thing that is NOT the cause of our problems, then it's lack of talent.

reef is an allstar...if he goes somewhere where they have the right fit, he blossoms like bibby did...

big dog is an allstar..he may not play defense, but he doesn't suck....

jt no where near sucks...he's been pushed from sg to pg and back and forth...although his forte is not setting up plays, he has a pretty good assist/t.o. ratio and can score at will...

our team is losing because one or more of the following reasons: chemistry, not enough ball handlers, veteran defensive leadership, confidence.

i will say this now, if any of our big three goes somewhere else(especially reef or jason terry), they will blow up and we will look like tools...we will still be trying to start over and rebuild when we had good players in the first place...we just need to get the right fit of players...

the reason 5 of 7 is important is the confidence increase...when we're playing well lately, the team has played with more fire, more heart...

i'm not saying we won't continue to suck, but my hopes are going to stay up...

reef is an allstar...if he goes somewhere where they have the right fit, he blossoms like bibby did... "

Bibby had good playoffs,but other than that he isn't

any better than the Bibby from Vancouver.

Reef is not a perinnel(I hate that word)allstar.He was

once and he shouldn't have been on last years team

to start with.

"jt no where near sucks...he's been pushed from sg to pg and back and forth...although his forte is not setting up plays, he has a pretty good assist/t.o. ratio and can score at will... "

How much value do you really have when James and

Travis Best are pushing you around?The only team sucker

enough to take JT doesn't realize how bad of a defender

he is.

JT is overrated.