• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Insider Special: Draft Rumors (Feb 10th on)

Knicks after Shareef?

WHO INTERESTED THE SKINNY

Shareef Abdur-Rahim

Hawks

Spurs?

Sonics

Lakers

Bulls

Heat

Nuggets Feb. 13 - GM Scott Layden made another inquiry about Shareef Abdur-Rahim during the weekend, the Newark Star Ledger reported. With all of the talk about moving Spree, can the Knicks get a deal done? "I don't think they have anything to offer Atlanta but Spree, and the Hawks don't want that," one Eastern general manager familiar with Atlanta's business told the Star Ledger. "I don't think the Knicks will be able to trade Spree at this point. They'll keep trying, but if they want a young All-Star in return, I don't think they'll get it."

Last week the hot rumor had the Hawks talking to the Spurs about Abdur-Rahim for Steve Smith and Danny Ferry. However, Spurs coach Gregg Popovitch said the team doesn't want to make any deal that would compromise the salary-cap space they have cleared to sign free agents this summer. "We're not giving it up," Popovich told the San Antonio Express News on Thursday. "We're not." Popovitch said the team is unwilling to take on his contract as long as they believe they have a shot at landing free agent Jason Kidd this summer.

Of course other teams, without as much cap room this summer may still be interested. The Lakers, who have roughly $11.3 million in salaries, could also make a deal. So could the Sonics, who could send a package of Kenny Anderson and Vladimir Radmanovic. The Sonics almost dealt Gary Payton for Abdur-Rahim two seasons ago. Could they get him for much less now? The Bulls have been searching for veteran help and have plenty of young players -- Jamal Crawford, Marcus Fizer -- to trade. If the Cavs really want to start winning now, a combination of Tyrone Hill and Darius Miles from the Cavaliers could jump start the process.

And don't forget the Heat and Nuggets. Abdur-Rahim is better than almost any free agent those teams could land this summer. The Heat have Alonzo Mourning's salary they could use to acquire Abdur-Rahim. The Nuggets have Juwan Howard's. If these teams were willing to take on another unwieldly contract (like Henderson's or Mohammed's) and throw in a prospect or a draft pick, would the Hawks do the deal?

Jamal Crawford

Bulls

Cavs

Warriors

Magic

Sonics

Knicks

Wizards Feb. 13 - Agent Aaron Goodwin is pushing for a Jamal Crawford trade again now that he's lost his starting job to Jay Williams. "I know Jerry [Krause] doesn't want to trade Jamal, but it could be in everybody's best interest," Goodwin told the Chicago Tribune. "They clearly are showing favoritism. Jay is a great player, but he should be allowed to compete like anybody else. Jamal has had to compete to get playing time. Jamal has outperformed him as a starter and he has from Day 1. It's not like the rest of the league isn't watching what's going on. It is."

For the record, Krause says he won't be bullied. "I'm not doing what's in their best interest," Krause said. "I'm doing what's in our best interest. I told him if I don't get an offer I like, nobody's getting traded."

Alonzo Mourning

Heat

??? Feb. 12 - We know Miami is facing serious cap issues this summer. Is trading Alonzo Mourning and his $20 million expiring contract the answer to all of their problems? Ethan Skolnick of the Sun Sentinel writes that the Heat could provide major cap relief to a team, bring in one or two top players and still re-sign Mourning next summer to a smaller deal if he was healthy. "Any trade of Mourning would be strictly ceremonial. Barring a miracle, he would not wear another jersey. If his health enabled him to return this summer, the Heat could re-sign him to an improved roster worth his time and risk to join."

Allen Iverson

76ers

Raptors? Feb. 11 - The hottest rumor making the rounds Monday morning had Philly quietly gauging interest in Allen Iverson. The Sixers would demand another All-Star caliber two-guard in return.

One N.Y. Post report hinted that a Vince Carter for Iverson swap could be in the works. Based on numbers alone, it's highly unlikely. Carter is a base-year compensation player this season, making him almost impossible to trade. To get the numbers to work, the Raptors and Sixers would have to put together a massive deal that would send Iverson, Todd MacCulloch, Eric Snow and Greg Buckner to Toronto for Carter, Hakeem Olajuwon, Jerome Williams and Alvin Williams. In other words, don't hold your breath on that one.

Jason Kidd

Nets

Nets

Spurs

Sonics Feb. 10 - Jason Kidd looks like he's ready to bolt the Nets for the Spurs this summer. Sources told Insider that he's been buddying up with Tim Duncan all weekend and has hinted to several players, for the first time, that his decision will be between New Jersey and San Antonio.

Couple that news with the fact that the Spurs recently discontinued talks with the Hawks about Shareef Abdur-Rahim (his contract would've prevented the team from signing Kidd) and his comments to the media this weekend concerning the Spurs and Duncan and the writing may be on the wall.

While Kidd insists that he's happy in New Jersey, he says his decision will be based on which team will give him the best shot at winning an NBA Championship. "San Antonio happens to be one of the teams ... that I feel that I can help that team win a championship," Kidd told the media. "But we have to see come July 1. . .It would be hard to turn down playing with a big man like Tim Duncan. ... But I'm happy with the guys that we have in K-Mart [Kenyon Martin] and R.J. [Richard Jefferson] right now. But come July 1, I will see what the Alamo has to offer."

Tyrone Hill

Cavs

Magic

Sonics

Lakers Feb. 10 - Can Tyrone Hill help a contender? Plenty of teams think so, but Cavs GM Jim Paxson is having a tough time getting a deal done. Interest has waned since Paxson ordered coaches to bench Hill in favor of young players like Chris Mihm and Carlos Boozer. It also hasn't helped that word leaked out of Cleveland this week that the team will likely waive Hill if a trade can't be made before the Feb. 20th deadline. Considering that Paxson is looking for either young players or guys in the last year of their contracts in return -- chances are teams like the Magic and Sixers will wait him out and then try to recruit Hill on their own once he's waived.