• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woody will get one more season because...

AmishBoy

the ownership squabble, his rosters(two years youngest team, one year most injured, every year incomplete), and we actually improve every season. On the surface it seems our improvement was because of the weakened east this year but actually 14 of our 30 wins this year were against playoff teams(5 western conference). Last year the teams we beat averaged a .496 winning percentage which is nearly a .500 team or 41-41. This year it was .476 which is a 39-43 team. In a way if we played our average comp 82 games we won 3 more games to a team that was 2 games worse this year. The question is if you get better shouldn't the teams you play against get worse as a result?

If you account for the massive injuries and their effect it's not unreasonable to say we were an improved team. Will it be enough to keep Woody around? I think it will.

Quote:

I think Marvin and Shelden will progress but if we get some luck in the draft, we could have a turnaround like Toronto.

I saw at least one mock that had Conley slipping down to us at 12. I'd be doing cartwheels if that happened. cool.gif

Also have seen quite a few where Acie Law falls way down- even into the 20's, and many in which Hibbert drops down to the early to late teens. IMO either one could be a valid pick for us at 12, assuming Conley's already gone. Hibbert at 12 I would consider somewhat a bargain, and definitely worth it based on his potential.

Agreed! And because of that he will draft THE MOST MATURE PLAYERS AVAILABLE. He's got to know the pressure is on and he can't wait around 2-3 years to let Conley or Spencer Hawes or whoever mature. He needs help now to save his hide. That said if it's a pg I think it will be Acie L. and if it is a big I think he'll give Splitter a look. If we get a top three pick this will not be the same and could alter this appraoch.