• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bad Mock Draft Scenario

OGRat

I think that the Hawks need a PG out of this draft, because I have no confidence any any of the ones currently on the team. I am hoping BK is working on trades for a defensive big and an earlier pick, because, if Insidehoops mock draft is any indication, assuming we get number 11, we may need to move up in this draft in order to get a PG. Conley is 6th and Law is 9th. They have Brewer going at number 11. I am not sure where Crit would fall in.

I don't claim this is realistic, but with the dearth of good guards in this draft (they have not put Crit in yet), I don't see it as far-fetched either.

Anyone know which site typically has the best mock draft?

Quote:

INSIDEHOOPS.COM 2007 NBA MOCK DRAFT

1) Greg Oden (Ohio State) 7-0, 245, C, Freshman

Big rebounding shot-blocker with ridiuculous quickness for a big guy. Doesn't have a refined offensive game yet, though, and passing skills are limited. He'd have gone first in last year's draft. This year either Oden or Kevin Durant will go first. As of March 25 we say there's a 65% chance Oden goes first, 35% Durant does. Months ago it was 90% Oden 10% Durant.

2) Kevin Durant (Texas) 6-9, 215, F, Freshman

A skinny, long, tall swingman who slashes, nails jumpers in the faces of defenders, has distance on his shot, and rebounds well considering his very skinny frame. We see him as a shooting guard who can become an NBA small forward if he gets stronger. He doesn't have the frame to ever become a power forward.

3) Al Horford (Florida) 6-9, 240, PF, Junior

Banger with basketball brains and terrific athletic ability. Physically he's ready for the NBA right now.

4) Brandon Wright (North Carolina) 6-9, 210, SF, Freshman

Versatile, long player with arms that seem to stretch. He's pretty good at almost everything, but not awesome at any one thing.

5) Joakim Noah (Florida) 6-11, 230, F/C, Sophomore

Big athletic smart player who hustles, passes extremely well and defends hard. His offense is still in development. Noah likely would have been taken first in last year's Draft had he declared.

6) Mike Conley Jr. (Ohio State) 6-1, 180, PG, Freshman

Stats: 11.3 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 6.1 apg, 2.2 spg, 51.8% FG, 30.4% 3FG

Many felt Conley was the best player on OSU this season and the driving force behind a lot of their success. He'll definitely keep improving.

7) Roy Hibbert (Georgetown) 7-2, 260, C, Junior

He's big and shoots an insane field goal percentage because of all his up-close shots, but mostly just seems like a solid size guy who can take up space. A solid big guy.

8) Jeff Green (Georgetown) 6-9, 235, F, Junior

Green is an all-around talent that isn't amazing at any one skill but seems like a player who can definitely help a pro team.

9) Acie Law (Texas A&M) 6-3, 183, PG, Senior

A solid all-around point guard who also pours in points and barely misses any shots.

10) Yi Jianlian (China) 7-1, 235, C/PF

A power forward who thinks he's a small forward, even though he's the height of a center.

11) Corey Brewer (Florida) 6-8, 190, G, Junior

Long-limbed Brewer can run and defend. We're not sure how his outside shooting will work in the pros. But the kid is a "baller" who makes a difference.

12) Spencer Hawes (Washington) 6-11, 220, PF, Freshman

Considered the best big man of the incoming freshmen. Isn't spectacular at anything but has size and true low-post moves.

13) Julian Wright (Kansas) 6-8, 225, SF, Sophomore

Versatile, athletic forward who scores inside in multiple ways. He has hops, can get inside and explode, passes well. But he's the size of an NBA small forward and can barely make three-pointers. Or free throws. His shot needs expanded range.

14) Chase Budinger (Arizona) 6-7, 190, SG, Freshman

Extremely versatile offensive player.

15) Al Thorton (Florida State) 6-7, 215, SF, Senior

Veteran-aged great athlete who scores, rebounds, defends with outside shooting range.

16) Nick Young (USC) 6-6, 200, SG, Junior

A scorer who scores and nails shots from anywhere on the court, still developing his decision-making.

17) Thaddeus Young (Georgia Tech) 6-8, 210, SF, Freshman

Ridiculous athlete with big-time speed and quickness who like many other freshmen needs to add strength and fill out.

18) Ty Lawson (North Carolina) 6-0, 190, PG, Freshman

Extremely quick, penetrating point guard with limited shooting range. Says he's returning to school, so we'll likely remove him from this list soon.

19) Josh McRoberts (Duke) 6-10, 230, F, Sophomore

A fairly complete, pretty athletic player who can do everything except shoot outside. Passes better than most forwards on this list. We're not sure what his ideal position is in the NBA.

20) Tyler Hansbrough (North Carolina) 6-9, 225, F, Sophomore

Says he's staying in school, so we'll remove him soon. Strong, rugged, gritty, hard worker who scores and rebounds. A real basketball player who understands the game. He has a power forward game but a tweener's size.

Quote:

10) Yi Jianlian (China) 7-1, 235, C/PF

A power forward who thinks he's a small forward, even though he's the height of a center.

LOL, sounds like that guy must be *really* confused. BK would probably love him. He'd fit in right alongside our 4 who's best position is not a 4, but rather a 5- only the rub being that he's too short to play 5 in the NBA! uglyhammer.gif

Quote:

I think Chad Ford described him as being ranked 3-5 on a lot of people's boards. He has been compared to Dirk.

Jianlian? I didn't realize that about the guy. I honestly know nothing about him, but I've thought for awhile now that it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to post a scout in the Far East on a full-time basis, at least if you're looking for big men. One of the Chinese provinces (I can't think of it off the top of my head, maybe Hanshin?) has more 7 footers per capita than anywhere else on Earth, by FAR. It used to be known as the Land of Giants.

It'd be nice to have someone over there to keep an eye out for these kids and hopefully steer them towards basketball, because a lot of them just don't. They go to work in the factory or the fields or whatever can put bread on the table immediately.