Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock.Waiting is killing me....

TheDude

• Premium Member

Actually, I think his hands are tied and he shouldn't do anything.

GMs right now are waiting for desperation to set in and for us to go after one of these terrible deals like...

Reef/Theo/etc for Alonzo Mourning.

or

Reef for Smith?

or Theo for K. Anderson.

I think that we are better than that. IF we have to pay luxury tax... then we need to find an owner that don't mind paying it. Forget this trading away good players for trash? That said, i'd still consider Shareef/Hendu for Howard/1st.

• Premium Member

IMHO, there is nothing anybody will give the Hawks in return. I would not trade Robinson or Theo, and I would think hard before letting Reef go. Terry is another story, he won't ever get it done playing in his current state of mind. He is a good shooter and terrible defender, he would be a good 6th man for a good team.

I don't see the Hawks making any moves, this franchise needs leadership and coaching and until that is fixed you can make all the deals in the world and not improve.

to make any moves. Anything done now wil likely be done as an emotional response to a disappointing season. I think we should wait until the offseason and try to reshape the team then unless an offer is made now that makes sense for the future.

That being said, Reef/Hendu for Howard makes a lot of sense. I'd do that without getting Denver's pick. If we could do Reef/Hendu for Howard and Theo for DC, I'd do those deals in a heartbeat. We could knock $31 million or so off the books for next year and start from scratch.

It ain't happening at the deadline though. Denver won't give up that caproom they worked so hard to get until they see what happens with the draft and all the FAs this summer and Philly doesn't want to take on additional salary beyond this season. Neither deal makes as much sense unless you can do both.

I agree in regard to we need leadership before we start trading away good players. The fact that we have SAR, Big Dog and Theo --- three past allstars lets me think the coaching of this squad is the problem. JT is also a good baller --- yes they all need improvement and intensity and that is were a coach comes in. Ideal coaches develop players and motivate players to do those jobs that are not so glamorous. I would submit that if this team was coached by Isiah, Scott, Adelman, Nelson etc. We would be in the middle of the eastern conference playoff race. The only thing I think the Hawks should look at in regards to a trade, is a trade that immediately makes them better and possibly gets rid of Alan Henderson contract --- so we can retain any players we trade for. That would be a lopsided trade in favor of the Hawks and I don't see that happening --- but it seems 1 or 2 rediculous trades happen a year so the Hawks should stay on the line.