• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Strange but kinda could work...

Charman212002

Quote:

On my first try at ESPN's trade machine the sim had us selecting Mike Conely Jr. at #3 and Joakim Noah at #11. Kind of the reverse order most of us have been working with. (i.e. a big first and a point at the eleven spot).

Would you be horrified with this situation? Obviously Joakim is skinny as a rail, but if we played up tempo (and if we have Conely directing things we probably SHOULD) it would mask many of Noah's weaknesses (one of which is weakness
smile.gif
and I think could work. Suns of the East if you will.

I love the idea of a fast breaking team with speed and athleticism at every spot. (no, I'm not B.K. masquerading on the squawk.
smile.gif

What do you guys think? It's not ideal (Oden is the instant fix obviously) but to me it's a pretty good consolation prize if we miss out on the top 2.

Over to you all.

thank god your not the GM, this team who stay in deep s... if you were.

I am amazed at times at some of the opinions about Solomon. I like him as well and think he could be a good solid backup. But, some here are comparing him to Oden or saying we don't need player X in the lottery because we have Sol.

I just don't think people realize that this guy has a ways to go. A long way.

Quote:

it's gonna be funny if Noah plays well in the NBA which I beleive he has the potential to do because there sure are a lot of people dissing one of the main reasons the gators won the nc.

Yeah, I agree. I think he can be a difference maker in games, not just a role player. He may not be an offensive difference maker right away, but I think he can help a team on defense. There aren't that many offensive big bruiser centers in the league any more. Noah doesn't have to be 270 pounds to play with the Chandler, Dalembert's and Eric Dampiers of the world.

I would be pretty happy if the Hawks got Noah and Conley. I'm not sure how that would happen though, because I don't see either of them being available at #11. I certainly wouldn't mind if they got them though with the #3 and #11 picks.