• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question for Archie?

hawkster411

that I know everything going on in Pete's office, I'm not going to tell you that I know what will happen today. I don't. I really don't think ANYONE except Pete Babcock (and then Stan) knows what is going on and how close we may be.

However, I do know what is being reported: Pete is talking with A LOT of teams. I think something could happen, but I am not going to be surprised if NOTHING happens either. The climate for trading is not conducive for heavy activity.

To me, the biggest thing to watch today is if we do in fact make a deal. It may signify Pete's future is as our GM. Now I would not say that if we do not make a deal he is necessarily gone. But if a major trade is made, it might mean Stan and Terry are giving Pete a chance to fix this mess.

If you've read my earlier thread, I'd blow it up. Shareef is a waste of space. Believe me, he has no long term value to our team. He is a complimentary player who is not tough and does not play well in the clutch! I have never been more disappointed in a player in all my life, and I think my opinion is shared in the Hawks front office.

Robinson has little trade value, except maybe if we'd take Sprewell on, and we won't. Theo Ratliff is marketable, but I like Theo. He at least WANTS to play defense and is aware of our problems going on. Yet when he sees others not giving a [censored] about playing defense (i.e. SHAREEF and Glenn), he gives up at times. I can't blame him totally. But if we traded Theo, I would hope to get a lot in return.

JT ain't going anywhere unless it's for a player similiar to his situation (young, full of potential, maybe a year away from cashing in - i.e. a Mike Miller type).

So we'll see. I'm not going to be shocked either way. We might make one trade or two trades. Then again, Pete might be watching "Guiding Light" when 3pm rolls around!

• Premium Member

I would not trade Grob for Spree. The age difference alone would say no for me. Besides, GRob is the best perimeter shooter and scorer we have had since Nique. We need a point guard and this team will be fine.

Trade JT for Andre Miller!

We need a must get a 6 5 + guard that can handle and defend like Alvin Williams, Brent Barry, maybe Snow, Jamal Crawford...so we can let JT score and not think. We need a GLUE type guard.... a stabilizer...I wouldn't blow the team up completely until we tried that....and hire Fratello!...at the very least it would inspire some interest in the team.