• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I don't understand some people on here (Yi)....

DavidSomerset

Yall continually bash Billy Knight for picking a SF/PF over an over again, and now some of you want ANOTHER ONE?!?!?!?

How can you be such a huge hypocrite?

Let's get this out there...Yi is NOT a center...Heck there are major doubts that the guy will ever have the strength or aggresiveness to play PF...Much less center. I'm not saying the guy won't be a good player (which I am actually not sure of), but WE DO NOT NEED HIM!!

Picking him solves absolutely NONE of the problems on our team.

LOOK!!

SF: Marvin Williams, Josh Childress

PF: Josh Smith, Shelden Williams (WE JUST USED THE #5 PICK ON THIS GUY LAST YEAR)

WHY DO WE NEED A PLAYER THAT IS STUCK PLAYING ONE OF THOSE TWO POSITIONS???

Out of this draft, we need a solid, defensive center and a PG, there is no compromising that fact. Now that Hibbert is gone it looks like we'll need to come up with a trade for a center.

And I also don't agree with the argument to take Yi, then package MW for a center...I would MUCH rather have Marvin on this team than some unproven international Big (who have reputations for being SOFT).

Don't take it from me, though, here's espn.com and nbadraft.net's scouting reports on him....Notice who espn.com compares him to...Is Kukoc a center just because he's 6'11???

LOL, Busboy would tell you if he's that tall, he can OBVIOUSLY play center uglyhammer.gifuglyhammer.gif

What a terrible, terrible argument!!

Quote:

Draft Projection: Top 10

Similarities:

Toni Kukoc

Notes: Yi's team, the Guangdong Tigers, announced in November 2006 that Yi will be released to enter the 2007 NBA Draft. While he's listed as being born in 1987, many scouts believe that he's actually born in 1984 making him 23 ... not 19. That's a big difference in NBA development terms. Is averaging 24.8 ppg, 11.4 rpg while shooting 57 percent from the field for the Guangdong Tigers this season.

Positives: A long, athletic forward who is very skilled. Explosive leaper with good lateral quickness. He has long arms (7-foot-4 wing) and big hands, which allows him to play even bigger than he actually is. Excellent shooter and ball handler. Fundamentally very sound. Excellent basketball IQ. Has really improved his rebounding. Hard worker.

Negatives:
Needs to add strength, especially to his upper body. Needs to play more physically. Needs to work on his post-up game.
Not a great shot blocker. More of a face-the-basket type of four.

Summary: Yi is the best international prospect in the draft this year. He has a ton of experience playing in international competitions and at the highest level in China. Given his upside and size he's a lock for the Top 10 pick who could go as high as No. 3 according to several NBA executives.

And nbadraft.net

Quote:

Weaknesses:
There is some concern as to what position he will play in the NBA: He lacks the upper body strength and the back to the basket moves at power forward and is a bit long and rangy for the three
… Needs to improve his three point shooting to play minutes to be effective at SF … Despite his vast improvement, Jianlian needs to continue to
develop his upper body strength
… At this point of his career, he’s more comfortable facing the basket than with his back to the basket … Although he doesn’t shy away from physical contact
he can get disrupted with rough post play
Struggles to maintain his position in the low post as opposing defenders tend to push him out
… Defensively he will not be the huge shot blocking presence that he is in the China, due to his timing and the speed of the NBA game … Has a habit of putting the ball on the floor to achieve rhythm instead of keeping the ball high away from opposing guards …. Confidence can wavier in games when he’s struggling to score … Although listed as being born in 1987 many within China place him between 1985-1986 … Doesn’t always play defensive with great intensity, he won’t be able to get away with it in the NBA …

What makes this guy any better than MW or JS...What on God's green earth about this guy and our team needs warrants using the 3rd pick on him?

WE NEED A PG AND A CENTER, NOT ANOTHER PF/SF.

Agreed ! Pass On Yi at #3.

Fill the PG hole with Conley at #3.

If Yi slips to #11 great. Some one will slip to #11. Hibbertt going back to school really hurts our chances of Noah slipping past the Kings and Bulls.

Noah would be the ideal, long help defender to pair with Ben Wallace in Chicago.

Hawes could lear alot from Miller in Sacremento.

If we go Hoford #3 (if measures 6'10'')and Law at #11 I would not be upset.

I would prefer picking Conley at #3 an drolling the dice on lottery left overs at #11.