• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Brandan Wright vs Kevin Durant

BusBoyIsBack

"Wright has more offensive game then the hook shot, that's just his bread and butter"

What else does he have? Dunking is all I can think of. Obviously no mid range or outside shooting just look at his free throws and I did watch him this year and he very seldom took an outside shot.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

"Wright has more offensive game then the hook shot, that's just his bread and butter"

What else does he have? Dunking is all I can think of. Obviously no mid range or outside shooting just look at his free throws and I did watch him this year and he very seldom took an outside shot.

He is a PF, and no he not as good as Durant but he really isn't that far. And Dunking isn't all the things he does, you have to know that he has nice moves and has great ball handles for his size and you can delveop a great post game, he has just as many post moves as any post player entering the draft, your acting like post players come to the NBA with alot of post moves, most don't, and that includes greats as well.

Quote:

He is a PF, and no he not as good as Durant but he really isn't that far. And Dunking isn't all the things he does, you have to know that he has nice moves and has great ball handles for his size and you can delveop a great post game, he has just as many post moves as any post player entering the draft, your acting like post players come to the NBA with alot of post moves, most don't, and that includes greats as well.

With all this Brandan Wright hype today I'm a little surprised that when we got our 3rd pick last night that all the experts didn't say...well it looks like the Hawks got in the big trifecta...Oden, Durant, and Wright. It looks like the franchise has finally gotten it's break because they are getting one of the Big 3!!!

Durant isn't that much better than Wright so I feel better than I did last night. I guess that fact hasn't been immediately obvious to most basketball fans in America but on Hawksquawk there are a few guys who really get it.

Thanks for the enlightenment....

"He is a PF, and no he not as good as Durant but he really isn't that far. And Dunking isn't all the things he does, you have to know that he has nice moves and has great ball handles for his size and you can delveop a great post game, he has just as many post moves as any post player entering the draft, your acting like post players come to the NBA with alot of post moves, most don't, and that includes greats as well."

josh mcroberts should be a top 5 pick then. he has the best ball handling skills of any big guy in the draft besides durant and has decent post moves along with a decent jump shot. not as athletic as wright but if you will make the case for him ill put josh mcroberts in there.

Quote:

"He is a PF, and no he not as good as Durant but he really isn't that far. And Dunking isn't all the things he does, you have to know that he has nice moves and has great ball handles for his size and you can delveop a great post game, he has just as many post moves as any post player entering the draft, your acting like post players come to the NBA with alot of post moves, most don't, and that includes greats as well."

josh mcroberts should be a top 5 pick then. he has the best ball handling skills of any big guy in the draft besides durant and has decent post moves along with a decent jump shot. not as athletic as wright but if you will make the case for him ill put josh mcroberts in there.

I hope your being funny.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Huh? It was Lawson who created easy opportunities for Wright. I would pick Yi over Wright and Conley over Wright.

So you think it was easier for Wright to get the ball on a team without a defined go to guy than a team where a guy had the ball in his hands practically every possession and was in the game for practically the whole time?

Come on now

The reason Durant had the ball so much is because he was the best player in college basketball. Why does Lebron have the ball more than Gooden?

NO it's because there were other good players on the team.

Like take HOrford for instance.

If the rest of Horford's team sucked he would have more PPG.

But there are so many people on the Gators who can score, he doesn't have to score that much.

Quote:

With all this Brandan Wright hype today I'm a little surprised that when we got our 3rd pick last night that all the experts didn't say...well it looks like the Hawks got in the big trifecta...Oden, Durant, and Wright. It looks like the franchise has finally gotten it's break because they are getting one of the Big 3!!!

Durant isn't that much better than Wright so I feel better than I did last night. I guess that fact hasn't been immediately obvious to most basketball fans in America but on Hawksquawk there are a few guys who really get it.

Thanks for the enlightenment....

This is exactly what Im talking about.

ESPN has brainwashed us.

With all the Durant/Oden Hype you would think that Brandan Wright wasn't even worthy of washing Durant's balls.

But that's not true.

There is more than two potential franchise players and Wright is one of them.

I don't care how you slice it his efficiency was ridiculous. There are guys who all they do is dunk but they can't shoot 65% from the field.

And don't even let me mention how the guy patrols the basket with his defense. He's got the friggin wingspan of Mutombo.

Quote:

Brandan Wright wasn't even worthy of washing Durant's balls.

Correct. An undersized 4 with no perimeter game who can't make foul shots isn't anywhere close to Durant.

Quote:

He's got the friggin wingspan of Mutombo.

And the body of Demarr Johnson.

Quote:

Quote:

Correct. An undersized 4 with no perimeter game who can't make foul shots isn't anywhere close to Durant.

Quote:

Yeah he unquesionably has to gain some weight. Moreso than Durant because Durant is a perimeter player.

But as a prospect Im so sick of ESPN acting like every team who didn't draft 1 or 2 is screwed and has no chance at a franchise player.

Both Yi and Brandan Wright could be franchise players.

Sure they aren't locks.

But the only thing sure in life is death and taxes.

Durant could be the next Rashard Lewis.

Oden could be the next Okafor

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah he unquesionably has to gain some weight. Moreso than Durant because Durant is a perimeter player.

But as a prospect Im so sick of ESPN acting like every team who didn't draft 1 or 2 is screwed and has no chance at a franchise player.

Both Yi and Brandan Wright could be franchise players.

Sure they aren't locks.

But the only thing sure in life is death and taxes.

Durant could be the next Rashard Lewis.

Oden could be the next Okafor

And i could get struck by lightning when i walk outside tomorrow.

Sure there could be other strong players from the draft. But nobody is even remotely in the same class as Oden or Durant.

Quote:

And i could get struck by lightning when i walk outside tomorrow.

Sure there could be other strong players from the draft. But nobody is even remotely in the same class as Oden or Durant.

Time will tell, time will tell.

I bet ya Yi beats them both to the All-Star team grin.gif

You need to put the crack pipe down for a short time and reel yourself back in. You have been all over the place today and most of it hasn't made sense to anybody but yourself.

Durant and Oden are 10X better than anybody in this draft and most people don't need ESPN to know it.

Who you backing tomorrow?

Quote:

ill be you anything nbasuperstar40 that mcroberts will be a better pro than wright. overall he has more skills and is taller and can play the 4 much better than wright.

You've got to be kidding me.

Josh McRoberts is a guy who was only good in high school because he had above average athleticism. Then he gets to Duke and his athleticism isn't good enough for him to dominate like he wishes he could.

In the NBA it would be even worse.

I've never seen a guy with so much bust potential.

You're out your damn mind if you think that bum could ever touch Brandan Wright.

You want to talk about a gap, there' a HUGE gap

Franchise player potential vs journeyman backup

Quote:

He took nearly 20 shots per game!

And he barely missed 4 minutes of playing time per game,

Are you going to deny that is overwhelmingly more opportunities?

You earn opportunities based on your abilities. Durant has more ability.

This is clear to everyone in America outside of two Hawksquawk posters that have put out some real quality material today.

• Moderators

Quote:

ill be you anything nbasuperstar40 that mcroberts will be a better pro than wright. overall he has more skills and is taller and can play the 4 much better than wright.

Wright will be better than McBob (who is like the tin man).

Anyone who thinks Wright is close to Durant just with fewer shots can please explain why they averaged the following:

Durant

11.1 RPG

1.9 SPG

Wright

6.2 RPG

1.0 SPG

Oh, I know. It is because while Durant was carrying a much greater scoring responsibility it got him into the game more which inevitably led to almost twice the number of rebounds as Wright. Had Wright not played with a dominant rebounder (7.9 RPG was the best on the team while Durant's #2 averaged 7.2 RPG) and averaged a few more minutes per game he would have averaged 11 RPG too.

Or maybe in addition to being a MUCH more dominant scorer, Durant was just better in virtually every facet of the game.

Quote:

You ask anyone who the MVP of that team was and they sure as hell aren't going to say Ty Lawson.

First half of the season was 1A Hansbrough, 1B Wright second half of the season was 1A Hansbrough, 1B Lawson

Lawson was pretty awesome. All three of them carried the team at different times. hansbrough and Wright were probably the most dependable over the course of the season, but it's true that without Lawson at the point the UNC engine just doesn't run like it did.

Wright was a sensational freshman though. He was as efficient as it gets, in that way he was similar to Jamison as a college player, before he started playing ball away from the rim.

Wright should be an All Star, but Durant could very well be a great one.

Quote:

You earn opportunities based on your abilities. Durant has more ability.

This is clear to everyone in America outside of two Hawksquawk posters that have put out some real quality material today.

Using that logic, Marvin didn't have more ability than Sean May.

When you are on a stacked team, stats are more evenly distributed. Look at the Detroit Pistons. Im pretty sure Rasheed could score more points per game, CWebb could score more, Tayshaun, Rip, and Chauncey could all score more points per game. But they don't HAVE TO because the other 4 players on the team are good as well.

Punishing Wright because he had Hansborough next to him is ridiculous.

I guess Jordan wasn't as talented since he didn't carry the load while he was in school.

Terrible logic.

Durant played all but 3-4 minutes every game. Do you know how much playing time that is???

And like I said he touched the ball on every possession more than likely. Not because he was Jesus Christ, but because that team sucked and he was the go to guy.

Busboy the same can be said about wright. The only reason he has succeeded is because of his athleticism. If you try to say he had a good offensive game I can say even more about mcroberts. If mcroberts had lawson next to him he would of had 15-18 ppg this year. Not taking anything away from paulus but mcroberts will succeed with an uptempo team which duke did not run.