• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Once we make the playoffs...

AmishBoy

Most teams are in the playoffs for year's before they win a title. Once they learn how to play the NBA they then have to learn how to play in the playoffs. I don't know if there is a guy in this draft that gives us a chance to make the playoffs anymore than the other. Down the road they could come up huge but who in this draft can do it next year. Who's done it recently? If we make the playoffs it probably will be a combination of things and only a small part will be any of these rookies. So the question for me is do we fill our need and start developing that player or do we create a glut and start developing that player. I'm for the former. If we go for Yi he had damn well better be the superstar to play next to JJ.

If we had the #1 pick right now, I would probably say 4th. Since we aren't getting Oden, I don't see this group of owners being able to build a championship team. They needed it gift-wrapped and handed to them.

Now they have to make THE BEST choice at 3rd, a solid one at 11th, AND make a couple of shrewd moves. That's a tall order for a bunch that hasn't hit a home-run since they drafed Josh Smith. Even the JJ trade wasn't a slam-dunk.

If all goes well with this draft, I think we can be a contender (top 4) in the East in 3 years, but I don't think this team will win a championship without an unforeseen major move (as the Heat did with trading for Shaq).