• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Gonzalez out for rest of season

joannes3000

This is why you don't trade for a reliever coming off an elbow injury. How many of us pointed this out at the time of the trade. Since Thorman is doing well and LaRoche is not, it's not a terrible trade, but I think JS should've seen this coming.

Elbow injuries are BAD, especially when they are ill-defined and accompanied by strange symptoms (weakness, numbness, etc.).

Quote:

This is why you don't trade for a reliever coming off an elbow injury. How many of us pointed this out at the time of the trade. Since Thorman is doing well and LaRoche is not, it's not a terrible trade, but I think JS should've seen this coming.

Elbow injuries are BAD, especially when they are ill-defined and accompanied by strange symptoms (weakness, numbness, etc.).

I think JS knew what he was getting, knew what he had, and knew what was in the cupboard. I think he just wanted LaRoch gone. He was a cancer to the emotional energy of the team. That guy was too entitled. Never cared about anything. Gonzales was about as dominant of a lefty reliever as you could get, too. The point is that he is a Brave now. TJ surgery worked out ok for Smoltzie.

Also, you said it, Thorman can hit. He is going to mash in the Bigs. He hits everything hard.And we have Salty. Hard to not make that trade.