• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chris Paul Part Deux

Charman212002

Quote:

Quote:

He average 2 stls a game, was 15th in steals, and was in the top 10 in steals.

Steals don't equal great defense, if that was the case A.I. would make the all defensive team every year, seeing as though he's led the NBA in steals many years. It's the same as saying a good shot blocker is automatically a good defender.

As for Crittenton and Ty Lawson, Conley is clearly a better player than both of them. Crittenton is to turnover prone and Lawson is all quickness and speed with no jump shot at all. There's a reason Lawson is heading back to NC, to improve his shot among other things.

Brandon Wright, or Yi both are forwards who have no chance of getting playing time ahead of Josh Smith. Neither of them are NBA ready considering Wright only weighs 210 pounds and Yi would have to adjust to the NBA style of play. The last thing the Hawks need is another project forward who's all potential. Wright has no post skills, even if he did have post skills there's no way a 210 pound power forward is going to be able to post someone up in the NBA, he can't get by just on athletic ability alone in the NBA.

You hold no water man, you sound dumb as bricks. Lawson was miles away better then Conley, he created, he didn't have a pick and roll system and a one in a lifetime Center who would dominate any level. He can be unstoppable at times, he take risk, true, but J Kidd and Nash do too, he was too damn fast, he was a great passer, he was unstoppable on the open court, he had great court vision, he was strong as a oxe and played like it, his hands are quick like Payton at Oregon St. He has so much over Conley it's not funny, Conley is good for a lottery pick in 3 to 4 years, but to be in this draft where he's at currently is gonna find him a home in the DL for the next couple of seasons. I don't dislike him, but he like Crit has no business in this draft and can be out of the league as well.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Conley is getting compared to Paul when he's not even close to as good as Paul was in college.

Then now he's getting compared to Parker?

Are you kidding me?

Tony Parker is SIGNIFICANTLY faster than Mike Conley with the ball in his hands.

You don't need that great of a shot when you can blow by people like a Tony Parker or Leandro Barbosa.

Anybody who thinks Conley is that fast is living in a fantasy world.

Lawson was miles ahead of Conley yet LAWSON IS RETURNING TO SCHOOL, I wonder why? It's better for you not to post any more stupidity so just do your self a favor and just go to sleep, so your brain can function again properly (if it ever has).

smack.gif

Quote:

Conley is getting compared to Paul when he's not even close to as good as Paul was in college.

Then now he's getting compared to Parker?

Are you kidding me?

Tony Parker is SIGNIFICANTLY faster than Mike Conley with the ball in his hands.

You don't need that great of a shot when you can blow by people like a Tony Parker or Leandro Barbosa.

Anybody who thinks Conley is that fast is living in a fantasy world.

Once again, ESPN overhyping has gotten to people heads, Conley is JUST a good college PG, at his peak meaning Sr. year if stay would only be a really good PG but similar to Jameer Nelson type impact. He never going be a great PG, he lacks the playmaking abitities and the size to do so. Height is really the issue for him to be that small, but it would help if he was eluvisely quick but he is not, he just quick which won't cut it at his height and size. People bring up Conley vert, most PG's in the NBA have a 36-40 inch vert, it's normal, no real biggie. He not his daddy with god know how type hops.

Quote:

Lawson was miles ahead of Conley yet LAWSON IS RETURNING TO SCHOOL, I wonder why? It's better for you not to post any more stupidity so just do your self a favor and just go to sleep, so your brain can function again properly (if it ever has).

Unlike Conley whoever told Lawson it would be smarter to stay gave him info that will show in four years, I promise, in fact I'm gonna fav. this thread just to remind you. Your not even making sense, if Conley was good, I would agree, but he not, what more do you want, he just not any good. I said it eariler and I'll say it again, he not better then Ty Lue and that's just the truth. He not a NBA player right now, he would stuggle in the DL with the type of game he has right now.

ESPN didn't overhype Conley for me considering I haven't even read an article on Conley from ESPN also I don't watch a lot of Sportscenter, I watch actual games instead. I did something better than listen to hearsay about a player, I watched Ohio State play a dozen or so times this year, games with Oden and without. If BK doesn't pick Conley this year and he blows up on another team I don't want to hear a peep from you.

"Go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep, little baby".

05_0201-011-19_Sleep_S1.jpg

Busboy just doesn't know basketball. NBA SS is just...I don't even know how to describe him. He is in a class by himself.

BTW, Conley is greased lightening and a better athlete than Parker. TP is a better basketball player certainly. But Conley's athletic ability is off the charts and that means upside. You wont understand that of course. Conleys vert is 39'...

Quote:

Busboy just doesn't know basketball. NBA SS is just...I don't even know how to describe him. He is in a class by himself.

BTW, Conley is greased lightening and a better athlete than Parker. TP is a better basketball player certainly. But Conley's athletic ability is off the charts and that means upside. You wont understand that of course. Conleys vert is 39'...

Solomon Jones has a 39 inch vert. Does that mean he would beat Tony Parker in a dribbling contest?

Are you sure you're not confusing Mike Conley with TY LAWSON. Now there's a guy who is fast on the court.

Quote:

I said it eariler and I'll say it again, he not better then Ty Lue and that's just the truth. He not a NBA player right now, he would stuggle in the DL with the type of game he has right now.

Seriously go to sleep; your getting dumber by the minute with each post. Its probably past your regular bedtime, go to sleep now before your mommy comes in and catches you on the computer this late.

05_0201-011-19_Sleep_S1.jpg

I thought you had basketball issues but it goes deeper. Seriously, you think ESPN now moved CP's stats off their site because you wanted to compare them?

ESPN is part of a conspiracy to make sure Conley gets hyped as the next Paul, and because he really isnt they removed CPs stats so we wouldnt catch on?

Bus, you have problems. Big problems. And , with that, I think I'm thru. smack.gif

Pete long time no see. I agree. Take conley and call it a day. This dude is gonna be unbeleivable. He is one of the first guys Ive seen as a young pg that made me say this dude was too good for the college level. Yeah he could stand to get stronger and work on his 3pt game but the dude does EVERYTHING ELSE. He was the best college pg in the country and the Hawks would be doing a big diservice to themselves by not taking him.

Well, oi, I guess that Chris Paul and Deron Williams are both examples of recent mistakes. Chris Paul is really a dog because he still hasn't made the playoffs.

Deron was just a minor mistake because it took him two years to make the playoffs. But, at least he is still playing on Memorial day in year two. That should count for something right?

Thanks for clearing this up for everybody. We were all pissed we didn't get either one but with your wisdom I now see both of them as mistakes.

Thats not what I'm saying, most of yall think we should pick Conley because yall think he can led us to the playoffs right away, and thats certainly not the case. He's not at the level and never will be at the level of Deron and Paul, and they didn't lead their team to the playoffs right away, so what makes you think Conley will. If he had the potential to be a Deron or Chris Paul, than yeah I would pick him, but he doesn't even have the most upside in this draft among PGs. And Paul and Deron were taken 3 and 4 in a weak draft, and we want to take this guy 3 in a strong draft, I can understand taking him 11th, but 3 is just to high. Thats like taking Marcus Williams #1 last year.

Quote:

I thought you had basketball issues but it goes deeper. Seriously, you think ESPN now moved CP's stats off their site because you wanted to compare them?

ESPN is part of a conspiracy to make sure Conley gets hyped as the next Paul, and because he really isnt they removed CPs stats so we wouldnt catch on?

Bus, you have problems. Big problems. And , with that, I think I'm thru.
smack.gif

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=15176

I meant his college stats which are mysteriously gone.

Why the fu** would I make that up????

And it's not for me to compare because I personally remember the disparity in not only the stats but the performance on the court.