Peanut Butter and Jelly.

Bacon and Eggs.

B.L.T. Sandwich.

Pancakes and Syrup.

Greg Odom and Mike Conley ??

How bad does the guys choosing first and picking Odom

want to have these two Ohio State players together on

their team? You know they would like that - No question

about that. How bad do they want this to happen??

They can make this happen, since we, the Hawks, stand in

their way, what price will they pay??

Think of the publicity!! We have the first AND third

pick of the draft. We are choosing two key players

from last year's championship team!! WOW !! Come and

see your new, exciting team in action !!

And what did this cost, this obtaining the third pick

of the draft? Well, we drafted a future star center

and his running mate P.G. from that championship team

and it only cost us ____________, ________________ and

a second round pick.

(Note: You must fill in the blanks to make this work.

Also, that little extra, that second round pick, we would

like to have one of those - Just in case there is someone

interesting when we get there - We don't have one now)

And THATS how we did it! How we got the first AND third

draft pick!!

leb.gif

Portland wouldn't deal the pick.

If they had a brainfreeze and considered it, they would demand a ransom for the pick (might go to 2 for Durant but not to 3).

So, what would be the "ultimate" package we could offer (which is what I would demand if I was Portland):

Best assets:

13.4 JJ

6.6 mil in cap space approx.

4.5 Marvin

2.2 JSmith

3.6 Childress

3.1 SWilliams

4.0 ZZ

Other incentives:

Taking bad contracts - oddly, Portland's two worst contracts are (or were) talented players - Miles 8.2 (is he healthy?) and Randolph 13.3

Randolph 13.3

Miles 8.2

FJones 3.3 (jones and Dickau for cap balance)

Dickau 2.8

total 27.5

for

(I would include #3 but the premise is we get Oden/Conley)

13.4 JJ

4.5 Marvin

2.2 JSmith

3.6 Childress

3.1 SWilliams

4.0 ZZ (could be taken off - 15% still works)

(Port could change it up by keeping Dickau, not ask for JJ and get a 6.7 TE by getting ATL's cap space)

So, Portland would be ATL minus plus Roy, #11 and Ald. - - it would be close, but I think they still would prefer to keep Oden in that scenario. And, we would have Oden, Conley, Randolph and not much else.

But, for argument's sake, if we could get to #2, then maybe they consider dealing down to #2 for Durant.

Seattle might deal down from #2 to #3 - - if they resign Lewis and can get a lot for dealing down. So, what would it take to get to #2? JSMith, #3 and #11 should work and might make sense anyway - but premise is we keep #3, so we need to make it Marvin and #11 which might not be enough.

IF we could get to #2, what would Prt take to deal down from #1 to #2?

They could use a better pg - which we dont have.

So, it would be cap space and overall talent - probably two of - Marvin, Josh, Smith, Williams, etc.

Essentially, the best case scenario I can see for us to get Oden (by making 2 deals), we still give up #11, Marvin and 2 or 3 of our best players. We would be left with Oden/Conley/JJ and nothing else.

And Port would have to want to be overloaded at the 2/3/4 with a weak 1 and an average 5 instead of having a stud C that would draw crowds, which is unlikely. And that is only after Seattle could get Lewis resigned.

So, I think we can forget Oden.

Quote:

Portland wouldn't deal the pick.

If they had a brainfreeze and considered it, they would demand a ransom for the pick (might go to 2 for Durant but not to 3).

So, what would be the "ultimate" package we could offer (which is what I would demand if I was Portland):

Best assets:

13.4 JJ

6.6 mil in cap space approx.

4.5 Marvin

2.2 JSmith

3.6 Childress

3.1 SWilliams

4.0 ZZ

Other incentives:

Taking bad contracts - oddly, Portland's two worst contracts are (or were) talented players - Miles 8.2 (is he healthy?) and Randolph 13.3

Randolph 13.3

Miles 8.2

FJones 3.3 (jones and Dickau for cap balance)

Dickau 2.8

total 27.5

for

(I would include #3 but the premise is we get Oden/Conley)

13.4 JJ

4.5 Marvin

2.2 JSmith

3.6 Childress

3.1 SWilliams

4.0 ZZ (could be taken off - 15% still works)

(Port could change it up by keeping Dickau, not ask for JJ and get a 6.7 TE by getting ATL's cap space)

So, Portland would be ATL minus plus Roy, #11 and Ald. - - it would be close, but I think they still would prefer to keep Oden in that scenario. And, we would have Oden, Conley, Randolph and not much else.

But, for argument's sake, if we could get to #2, then maybe they consider dealing down to #2 for Durant.

Seattle might deal down from #2 to #3 - - if they resign Lewis and can get a lot for dealing down. So, what would it take to get to #2? JSMith, #3 and #11 should work and might make sense anyway - but premise is we keep #3, so we need to make it Marvin and #11 which might not be enough.

IF we could get to #2, what would Prt take to deal down from #1 to #2?

They could use a better pg - which we dont have.

So, it would be cap space and overall talent - probably two of - Marvin, Josh, Smith, Williams, etc.

Essentially, the best case scenario I can see for us to get Oden (by making 2 deals), we still give up #11, Marvin and 2 or 3 of our best players. We would be left with Oden/Conley/JJ and nothing else.

And Port would have to want to be overloaded at the 2/3/4 with a weak 1 and an average 5 instead of having a stud C that would draw crowds, which is unlikely. And that is only after Seattle could get Lewis resigned.

So, I think we can forget Oden.

If you are trying to be funny, this is a very funny post.

Xman I think you misinterpreted GM's post. The way I read it this thread isn't about the Hawks aquiring the 1st pick, but rather what price we can extract from Portland. I like the idea of getting Jack and Aldrige, if we can aquire their 2nd rd pick too that would be golden.

TNDOG - You're correct. I was looking at it from Portland's view.

Sorry for any confusion - -

Now, with THAT cleared up, fill in the blanks !!!!

bannana_guitar.gif