• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The lonesome Mr. Clutch

JTFan31

Now we know for sure we only have 1 clutch player. Oh why did we go to Big Dog down the stretch, he had a wide open jumper and just couldnt convert. Now we know our only clutch player is JT, but of course we couldnt go to JT down the stretch, because they would of been swarming him, I mean which winning team wouldn't?

We had a chance to tie this game and possibly win. I have to handed to the Hawks, they hung around and made things very interesting, especially in The Rose Garden.

What are our priorities for the offseason:

1. I definitely think we need to sign JT long term. He is one heck of a player and if we can get a 2 guard that can also handle the rock, JT will be even more dangerous. Because he has right now no one to set him up for shots, we all know Reef nor Big Dog can pass a lick.

2. We need to get rid of Big Dog, he is no good for this team. He is not a team player, when he gets the ball all he wants to do is score and ends up turning the ball over with his careless ball handling.

3. We desperately need some players off the bench. Ham, E-mail, Jermaine, Williams, CC all have to go. We need guys that can play some D and put the ball in the whole.

Last but not least, Stotts needs to go and hire Van Gundy, this is the guy that will make us a playoff team next year and not Van Gundy. Like the Blazers commentators said last night, we have the talent and scoring ability and we have no Game plan and have no idea what we are doing in the game. Thats no good, and is absolutely true.

Yeah get rid of Dog...start Ira Newble at SF....get a Brent Barry or Alvin Williams to start with JT...get a veteran swingman like Person or Jim Jackson to come off the bench...then hire Mike Fratello and we will be in the two years away from the finals.

Sounds simple doesn't it?

JTFan,

Everyone knows I am not a Big Load fan. Personally, I think this guy brings nothing to our team except a loafing, lazy attitude.

But, I wouldn't call him "un-clutch". He has hit big baskets for us in the past. He missed this one. I doubt that the one shot should define his as either clutch or un-clutch.

Although, I do agree we need to move Loaf in the offseason.

But, Terry's problem is that he can't pass either. If he were the player you think he is, he could pass when he gets swarmed by the opposing teams defense - and then someone gets an open dunk. He doesn't have the skill. He picks up his dribble or runs around like a wild turkey.

Reef is a very decent passer this year. I am quite impressed with his improvement this year. He doesn't get stuck in the double teams and kicks the ball out quite well. He does some dumb things, but so do ALL players. But, I think the rap-sheet on Reef being a poor passer out of the double team is a thing of the past.

He is easily the second best passer on the team.

Big Loaf couldn't pass to Shaq on the post.

But, going back to Terry... he still can't pass the ball on the move. He doesn't know how to break a team down and find an open player. He can break a team down and shoot ... but he puts his head down and can't pass. This makes for difficulties when you play the point. We need to find a big PG and move JT to the SG... he doesn't have the skills to play PG effectively.

Play.

a week ago when he drove to the lane and got swatted by Jermaine Oneal in the loss to the Pacers. If you give Big Dog a wide open shot to win the game he will knock it down as often as anyone in the league will. I am not supporting Big Dog because I dont think that he fits this scheme, but making him the scapegoat isnt fair either. All of our money players have been huge disappointments and all of them have blown chances at victory for us. [censored] had Theo made both of his free throws in the last minute things might have worked out differently, if Dion hadnt missed free throws against the Pacers we would have won, if JT hadnt been rejected by Oneal we would have won. Its not just Bid Dog.

Dog missed that shot last shot but he made several others down the stretch that kept us in the game. He also made a couple of very nice defensive plays down the stretch to give us a chance to win. Nobody saw that though.

It looked like Dog was thrown out of rhythm on the shot that he missed because he was afraid the ref was going to call the charge on the flop.

SEVERAL guys had chances to make plays down the stretch and they didn't do it. Theo missed that big free throw. Reef couldn't convert or even get a shot off down the stretch. Dog turned it over and missed that J. JT was HORRIBLE down the stretch for the most part. We turned the ball over 5 times out of 13 possessions to begin the 4th and JT had several of those. None of our so called better players have room to criticize anyone else. They all need to get better.

I for one think that despite early indications to the contrary, some of Hawks front office will be changed in the offseason.

Call it a hunch, but I just get that feeling.

As far as Stotts goes, he probably won't be our head coach next season. He definately won't take a demotion to assistant here, but might take that position or a head coaching spot elsewhere.

As far as who the new management will go after, I think Van Gundy will be hard to get and I think Silas will be more likely to take this team on.

http://www.hawkszone.net