• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BK's High On Aldridge

TexasPete

According to a Yahoo sports reporter who has been in Orlando at the camp. Word is that BK thinks Aldridge has more upside than any player in the draft available to the Hawks. The Hawks are asking for Alrdidge and Jack for 3.

The Blazers won't do that but if we sweeten the deal with a Shelden or Chill they may consider. Who knows?

There was more talk in Orlando yesterday about Conley and Oden playing together. They both all say if it doesn't happen then fine. But, they continue to talk about it and I think all parties will make a big run at this before its all over. Its clear they want to stay together and the marketing of these two young friends to the PTL community is huge.

I would do #3/Chill for Aldridge/Jack

We're still light at C and probably need a backup 2, but the roster is getting much more balanced. Hopefully you can draft Hawes at 11 and have:

TEAM A

Jack/Speedy/AJ/Lue

JJ/Salim

Marvin/

Smith/Shelden

Aldridge/Hawes/Zaza/Solo

Obviously a lot of those guys play multiple positions, with Smith playing some SF, Aldridge playing PF etc... Or you could get Critt at 11 with the understanding that AJ and Lue are gone within a year anyhow and have

TEAM B

Jack/Crittenton/Speedy/AJ/Lue

JJ/Salim

Marvin/

Smith/Shelden

Aldridge/Zaza/Solo

Best case scenario if we keep the pick is (IMO):

TEAM C

Conley/Speedy/AJ/Lue

JJ/Salim

Marvin/Chill

Smith/Shelden

Hawes/Zaza/Solo

I don't think the difference between Jack and Conley is big enough to pass up.

Which team would you guys take?

the thing is, randolph/oden would make a better frontcourt than aldridge/oden...oden is the defensive big that randolph needs and randolph is a 20/10 player who is only improving

that said, they still won't do it...they'd rather have randolph/oden AND aldridge since they do have jack/sergio/roy in the backcourt

Team B for sure.

I feel we could likely deal the likes of Speedy, Salim, Lue or AJ for some help at the 2. (I'd love Damien Wilkins, I'm not a UGA fan, he just kicks our azz everytime he plays against us) Or maybe we look to free agency for help. I feel it's much easier to find a quality back-up swingman for cheap versus a center or point guard.

Not so. I read direct quotes from both players. They are hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. I think there is stuff going on behind the scenes to get them together.

First, they know in public they can't be overzealous because that kills any leverage to get a possible deal done. So, they are watching their tones. But, they are still both talking publicly and it is real easy to see they want to stay together.

PTL needs to act like they could care less. That is what they are doing. PTL WILL call BK back before this thing is all done. It is an incubation period right now.

This deal may or may not get done. But, PTL will make a strong swipe at it.

I've been thinking we should take Conley at #3 and force PTL to deal with us if they want him. If no deal can be struck, then we just say we got the top rated player at a position of need for our team and look to improve the team further at #11.

I would do this, and if you threw in Chill I don't know Portland wouldn't do it...that would fix their small forward problem and give them another high character guy who's from the Northwest. Then we could go for best player available at 11...Critt, or maybe Noah or Hawes.

Quote:

According to a Yahoo sports reporter who has been in Orlando at the camp. Word is that BK thinks Aldridge has more upside than any player in the draft available to the Hawks. The Hawks are asking for Alrdidge and Jack for 3.

The Blazers won't do that but if we sweeten the deal with a Shelden or Chill they may consider. Who knows?

There was more talk in Orlando yesterday about Conley and Oden playing together. They both all say if it doesn't happen then fine. But, they continue to talk about it and I think all parties will make a big run at this before its all over. Its clear they want to stay together and the marketing of these two young friends to the PTL community is huge.

If BK is high on Aldridge how high do you think that the team that traded up for him, drafted him and coached him all last year is?

Aldridge is not being traded. You guys can still run through all of the permutations, computations whatever, but he will not be a Hawk.

Quote:

If BK is high on Aldridge how high do you think that the team that traded up for him, drafted him and coached him all last year is?

Aldridge is not being traded. You guys can still run through all of the permutations, computations whatever, but he will not be a Hawk.

Good point.

I just hope BK doesn't do anything crazy like throw in Josh Smith AND the 3rd pick.

My goodness would that be stupid.

Your problem is that you have one of the few 20/10 players in the league who plays the same position and has a big contract that will be difficult to move. Plus Aldridge's game doesn't complement Odens game offensively. Zach has range on his shot and would be able to give Oden more space to work in the post.

Shaq, Wilt and Kareem were all traded so there is no such thing as an untouchable player.

Quote:

I like Aldridge a lot. But just about every man has his price and I think Conley and Chill/or Marv could move the needle. He certainly isnt a Josh Smith, a guy who fills up the box score every night.

Oh so you DO want a PF/C prospect.

Just don't like the guys in the draft even though they are BETTER PROSPECTS

Quote:

Quote:

I like Aldridge a lot. But just about every man has his price and I think Conley and Chill/or Marv could move the needle. He certainly isnt a Josh Smith, a guy who fills up the box score every night.

Oh so you DO want a PF/C prospect.

Just don't like the guys in the draft even though they are BETTER PROSPECTS

Than Lamarcus Aldridge?!?!?!?!

doh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gif

Lamarcus can play Center, and could play it well.

Neither Wright, nor Yi could even think about playing C in the NBA.

Quote:

Than Lamarcus Aldridge?!?!?!?!

doh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gif

Lamarcus can play Center, and could play it well.

Neither Wright, nor Yi could even think about playing C in the NBA.

LaMarcus can play C?

So was he listed as a C prospect coming out?

I missed that one.

I remember d*ck Vitale saying that Shelden Williams was the only post player that played like a 7 footer and that these other guys played like they were 6'7 which was clearly taking a shot at LaMarcus.

Fitting considered LaMarcus GOT PUSHED AROUND by Shelden Williams in head to head play.

Now if LaMarcus can't even handle Shelden how in the world is he our great C prospect?

He's not.

He benefitted from a weak draft class.

Joakim Noah would have been the 1st pick in that draft.

Yi Jianlian would have been the 1st pick in that draft.

Brandan Wright would have ben the 1st pick in that draft.

Al Horford? Maybe not the first pick but he's definitely established himself as a better pro prospect than Wright.

Quote:

LaMarcus can play C?

So was he listed as a C prospect coming out?

I missed that one.

Why am i not surprised you missed something.

LMA measured 6'11.25" at the combine and weighed 234 pounds. When Prz and Lafrentz got hurt they had no choice but to play him at C.

Quote:

LMA measured 6'11.25" at the combine and weighed 234 pounds. When Prz and Lafrentz got hurt they had no choice but to play him at C.

But was he listed as a C coming out of school?

Because according to you all, if you aren't listed as a C coming out you can't be one.

Because if that's not the case I sense some hypocrisy in evaluating players like Noah who are listed as a PF/C just like Aldridge was.

Quote:

Quote:

But was he listed as a C coming out of school?

Because according to you all, if you aren't listed as a C coming out you can't be one.

Because if that's not the case I sense some hypocrisy in evaluating players like Noah who are listed as a PF/C just like Aldridge was.

It isn't hypocrisy it is just stupidity on your part.

If player A is 6'11", weight 234 pounds has a polished post game and can make the midrange shot then he is more likely to be able to play center than two guys who are lighter (and shorter in Wrights case).