• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LaMarcus Aldridge/ #3

Charman212002

We've all heard the proposed deals between the Hawks and Blazers of LaMarcus Aldridge and Jarrett Jack for Mike Conley at the 3 spot. They're are of course variations packaging Zach Randoph (who almost all of agree we don't want/need), Portland's pick next year, or us sending them Chillz.

It brings me to a tough question:

If, after all the wrangling is done and the extra add-ons are dropped, the deal came down to LaMarcus Aldrige for #3 straight up, would you do it?

Of course all of us would want Jack added on if we could get him and ideally we wouldn't have to part with Childress either, but I'm going off the assumption that both teams will play hard ball and try to minimize who/what they have to give up.

Realisticlly we both have something the other wants. The Blazers get Oden's personal point guard and we get a young athletic center who can get up and down the court. While LaMarcus is not the thickist body in the league, he plays the post like a big man (which, before this turns into a Yi thread, despite their similar heights is a major diffrence between the two), is solid on both ends of the floor, and in the East avoids the Duncans/Odens/Yao's etc. of the West.

I think a team of

PG:Crittenton

SG:JJ

SF:Marvin

PF:Smoove

C:Aldridge

with Chillz/Shelden/Salim

is PRETTY darn skilled, quick, verstile, and young enough, to grow into something special.

SO, long story short, if it came down to it, do you do the deal straight up?

Absolutely. I've said, and would say again, I would package anybody on this team that is not JJ or Smoove with the 3 pick to get Aldridge and Jack. Trading the 3 for Aldridge straight up would be absolutely golden, because a big man is what we were going to have problems drafting at the three. Worst case scenario from there would be picking up whomever we prefer of Crittendon and Law at the 11.