• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

See what Superstar does Cleveland vs Spurs wow!

thescout5

Unbelievable seeing Cleveland dismantle Detroit.Gibson a 2nd rounder had an incredible night and now the Cleveland Cavailers are in the championship. First time in a long time Cleveland has had a team in the championship.Congrats. TNT showed a stat it took cleveland on only the 3rd yr it got 50 wins meanwhile in Hawk land where are we at?

Guess that tanking season for cleveland paid off this is what a superstar can do and this is why it was imperative to try and get either Durant or Oden. Granted the Eastern conference is very weak compared to the West this conference is right for the taking if you can land a superstar or elite players. It was a rarity Detroit won chmapionships without having top 5 some would argue 10 players in the league but they played as a team and great defense. For the most part you have to have top level talent to win a championship.

Who on the Hawks will even have a shot at being a superstar? A superstar is there to carry the team on its back make the clutch play or basket.Smoove and JJ need to step up there game if they want to join the ranks.If there is any way possible and seattle wants to deal there pick BK better be on the phones getting a deal done.Cleveland will continue to get better I just hope the Hawks can assemble a team that can challenge them in a few years.

Smoove is our Lebron.

I know JJ didn't sign here to be a 2nd option but Smoove is the guy.

SMoove needs to attack the basket like Lebron.

He started to do it a little this season which is why he improved so much but he needs to do it even more.

Smoove can elevate even as high as LEbron.

He just needs to do it.

He needs to dunk on people more often.

Until Smoove develops an outside shot he will never be a go to player. JJ to me is a on the second tier of players in the league not the first. Guys like Nash,Lebron,Duncan,Kobe those ar 1st tier players. First tier players can light it up against anyone to many times has Smoove disappeared in games. I don't know what its going to take but Smoove has got to develop an outside shot if he does then it opens the inside game. Lebron is ther total package that is why he carried Cleveland.I hope Cleveland can pull it off they haven't won a championship in how many decades?

This is why it is essential BK gets a damn brain and drafts the right guy.BK has blown draft choice after draft choice is the reason we are in this mess and still a laughing stock.I wish BK wasn't the GM but thats who we have. Cleveland used to be a laughing stock the Hawks still are. You take teams that don't even get top 10 picks like Utah and Phoenix despite not winning a championship that know how to assemble a team. When you have top draft choice you absolutely need to make the right decision to take advantage of drafting high.

Its not Smoove's outside shot that's the problem. It's his mindset.

He's physically gifted enough to be one of the best players in this league.

He just has to attack. Smoove doesn't try to dunk over people. He's too polite. He needs to go Dominique and absolutely embarass people.

jj is our no. 1, but i think smoove could surpass him and become a bigger impact/star player with a little time.

i don't think that durant will ever be able to take the hawks to the championship like lebron did with the cavs. lebron is nearly a once in a decade kind of player. i don't think oden will have as much of an impact as lebron, either. not that i wouldn't want either of them on our team, and in fact believe they will be perennial all stars for a long time to come. however, just because lebron could do it, i think it takes much more than just being a number 1 pick to carry a load like that. we'll see how soon bargnani, bogut, dwight howard, yao ming, kwame brown, or kenyon martin (aka, every other #1 pick since 2000) take to get to the championship. in fact, i think that you have to go back to 97 before you can find a player that was picked first overall that has made it to the finals (tim duncan). hmm...97 and now it's 07, yep, i guess king james is a once in a decade kind of player. you'd be hard pressed to find one other player that you could trade out with james and take the rest of that cleveland roster to the finals in only his fourth year.

Comparind Durant to Lebron is a joke considering Lebron has about 40 more pounds in muscle.

Smoove can be on that tier though.

Not as good as Lebron offensively but he could be a superstar like that. His defense is ridiculous. He's the youngest player to his block total and he's been playing SMALL FORWARD which is just ridiculous.

Vince Carter on O, Ben Wallace on D. He really could be that.

Watch Busboy Durant is going to be a pressure player maybe not like Lebron but then again Larry Bird wasn't Lebron and he didn't do to badly.You can get a superstar anywhere in the draft it doesn't have to be no1 or or 3.Draft wisely and it'll pay offLuck is involved but it still comes down to drafting the right players.

Who would have ever thought Duncan coming out of college would tear up the NBA.The guy can't jump isn't has athletic has alot but he has a 6th sense of knowing what to do at the right time. Find me those players and you'll have a winner. BASKETBALL IQ is what the greats have and I feel the basketball IQ has always lacked from the time of Dominque till now. Jomh Stockton,Larry Bird,Duncan,Steve Nash all have it although Stockton and Nash never have won a championship it takes something more than athleticism to be a great player. Does Smoove have that or will he be a disappearing player?

Remember took Lebron his 3rd year to get a terrible cleveland team to 50 wins I predict Durant while not like Lebron will lead Seattle to 50 wins when his 3rd year is up.Seattle has more talent than cleveland but what you see is a steady rise in victories Durant can be that type of player.

Guest Walter

Lebron was impressive the other night especially. JJ is nowhere near that. Again, our top 2 players are statistically (Raland Rating) less than 15 of the top 20 team's and all of the top 10 team's top 2 players. We simply can't win anything of importance with that. Unfortunately, no sure thing superstar with this pick, but we certainly can get project ones. IMO Yi and Wright both have that ability. None of the Pgs do but IMO Crittenton has the most potential, Law is the most "NBA-ready", and Conley is a mix of the 2. There is no strong reason for the league's 4th losingest team with two inadequate "stars" to take any one of THESE Pgs at 3 when at least 1 or 2 of the other Pgs will be at 11. Watching Lebron helps make the case. If Yi or Wright can do half of what he does and we can get an equal, near equal, or slightly better Pg at 11, that's the best we can hope for short of a trade (which could go bad for us).

W

Yi apparently doesn't want to come to Atlanta. He hasn't

scheduled a workout here. If we select him, he and his

agent could simply refuse to come here and go back home.

I suppose that this isn't likely to happen, but it could.

Do we want to draft a player that doesn't want to be here?

Something to think about.

Hawks two weakest positions and two draft picks, top 9

of the remainder of the picks, the first two already

decided, leave us in a great position to do something

special!!

Right now, it's East vs West. Hope the Cavs can bring

the trophy to the East!!

bannana_guitar.gif

Guest Walter

Quote:

You take the best player. We can sell Yi on ATL if Houston of all places can sell itself to Yao and China. Still, I'm anxious to see how Wright compares.

W

Quote:

Quote:

You take the best player. We can sell Yi on ATL if Houston of all places can sell itself to Yao and China. Still, I'm anxious to see how Wright compares.

W

I'm with you Walter, but from what I undestand there is actually a substancial Asian population in Texas. Maybe it wasn't as tough a sell.