• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question for joannes3000

Guest Riv

Hey, I havent played WIS GridIron since last yr. Whats new with it since then? Any changes to recruiting or formations, etc? Any insight is much appreciated.

Absolutely nothing. At least nothing that was made known in a developer chat or game update. There's talk of tweaks that have gone on to recruit distribution (which I can agree with) and penalties for players playing out of position (which I highly disagree with) that went on behind the scenes, though. And more importantly, GD is slated for an update to 2.0 in time for the upcoming college football season.

A survey was distributed a few months ago asking about a lot of issues that were debated openly on the forums. You should check the main GD forums for details.

Menlo has one of the best built-in advantages of any school at any level because of it's location and conference. I got throttled on an annual basis by Menlo when I was in the NWC and there wasn't much that anyone could do about it. Off the top of my head, the only other schools that even come close to having an advantage that big are:

Stillman (DIII, NWC)

Chapman (DIII, NJAC)

Huntingdon (DIII, NJAC)

Humboldt State (DII, NIAC)

Stillman and Huntingdon are the only two teams in AL, giving them a huge advantage when it comes to recruiting in the SE. They have other schools in their division that share a recruiting advantage also, making it a little bit manageable.

Chapman is one of the most misplaced schools, being located in CA and residing in the New Jersey Athletic Conference.

Humboldt State is the most dominantly located, however, being the only CA school in all of DII.