• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rumor Jose Calderon 4 Chill/#11/Solo

A-town Hawks

Quote:

The Atlanta Hawks, who came close to signing Calderon out of Spain before the Raptors did, desperately needs point-guard help and carries a wealth of wing players that could fit in Toronto, but Colangelo has stressed that continuity and depth are features he wants to establish on his roster, which suggests any move that would involve a player as prized as Calderon would have to net a proven asset in return and likely a draft pick, too. One rumoured deal involving Calderon and Joey Graham for Josh Childress, Solomon Jones and the 11th pick in the draft, as floated the other day for example, wouldn't cut it.

Link

The person who said that Chilz and the #11 for Calderon wouldn't "cut it" (meaning not enough for Toronto to consider) is obviously a complete idiot. We have already been given indisputable knowledge that says Chilz is worth more than Calderon straight up.

(Just had to try this type of response once. Nope, it doesn't make me feel very all-knowing . . .).

That's crazy talk. Calderon for Childress straight up should do it.

Then you go get Gasol. Gasol and Calderon played on the Spanish national team together for 5 years. They would both be very happy together - and would make it much easier to resign Calderon.

Gasol is VERY valuable - I would try to trade Smoove/Zaza/Lue to get him in. I'm not sure Memphis won't take that. I think you have to move Smoove's impending deal in order to feel good about taking Gasol's deal. Plus, I think Smoove would be required for Memphis to take the deal.

Then Yi at #3 as BPA. Got to have a 2/3 at #11 to take the place of Chill. Maybe Jeff Green falls here? Derrick Byars from Vandy? Stuckey?

Calderon / Craig / AJ

JJ / Salim

Marvin / Green ??

Yi / Shelden

Gasol / Solo / Lo

Pretty kick azz 12-man roster right there. Deep enough, and I think you can keep the core signed from a $$ standpoint.

I like the idea of Pau and Jose but there's now way in hell that I include Josh in that trade. Try a package of Speedy/Marvin/#3/Zaza for Pau and #4

We move down a spot and trade for Pau while keeping JSmoove.

Calderon/Lue

Johnson/Stoudamire

Yi/Grahm

Smith/Yi/Jones

Pau/Shellhead

I would LOVE to that deal.

#3/Marvin/Speedy/Zaza for Gasol/#4

I'd be high as a kite. We'd be able to go BPA at #4 and legitimately consider everyone, especially Yi.

Calderon/JJ/Yi/Smith/Gasol would be something else.

Childress for Calderon

#11 = BPA (JGreen, TYoung, NYoung, ALaw, JCrit, RStuckey)

OR we could trade the #11 to a team looking to trade into the draft for a 2008 1st and a BU SG/SF.

Calderon / AJ / Lue

Johnson /

Yi /

Smith / Jones

Gasol / Shelden / Wright

That is a bright future. (I wouldn't be disappointed to swap Calderon for Jack)

This sounds good also. I was really trying to plug Yi in at 4, and make a deal for Gasol that is hard for Memphis to turn down. By keeping Smith, you force Yi over to SF and I'm not as high on that. I hadn't considered moving Marvin - I wonder what Memphis thinks of that? They might like it better if they are targeting Horford, so as not to take on two PF's. Plus they are getting Zaza back to start at the 5.

I don't think you necessarily need to swap the #3 and #4 pick - I still want Yi and they want Horford. Yi isn't working out for Memphis so they won't take him. There's no value in the swap for Memphis.

Back to money - since you are moving Marvin/Speedy/Childress/Zaza I think that frees up enough money to be comfortable with Gasol and Calderon's impending deal.

Quote:

Quote:

The Atlanta Hawks, who came close to signing Calderon out of Spain before the Raptors did, desperately needs point-guard help and carries a wealth of wing players that could fit in Toronto, but Colangelo has stressed that continuity and depth are features he wants to establish on his roster, which suggests any move that would involve a player as prized as Calderon would have to net a proven asset in return and likely a draft pick, too. One rumoured deal involving Calderon and Joey Graham for Josh Childress, Solomon Jones and the 11th pick in the draft, as floated the other day for example, wouldn't cut it.

childress much better than joey graham

#11 pick (law/crit) and solomon much better than calderon alone...

not a good trade for their backup point...i would do it #11 for calderon straight up, maybe throw in solomon..leave chll out of it...or calderon for chill straight up and leave #11 out of it

Link

Quote:

Try a package of Speedy/Marvin/#3/Zaza for Pau and #4

That would absolutely NEVER happen. First of all, if they trade Gasol, they aren't taking back bad contracts (Speedy). Moving from 4 to 3 isn't even relevant when talking about Gasol. That package MIGHT work if you took out the #4.