• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Gasol & Sergio

elyiye

I like the idea to add Sergio Rodriguez(or maybe Calderon) and Pau Gasol to our team.

Atlanta Trades: º3 & Zaza & Childress, Lue

Atlanta Receives: Pau Gasol

Memphis trades:Pau Gasol

Memphis Receives: º3(Horford) & Zaza & Childress, Lue

Atlanta trades: º11

Atlanta Receives: Sergio Rodriguez

Portland trades:Sergio Rodriguez

Portland receives: º11 (maybe Conley Jr.) or a weaphon to get MCJ in another trade.-

Atlanta roster:

1.-Sergio/Speedy/AJ

2.- JJ/ Salim

3.-Marvin/ Free agent ???(ideas)

4.- JSmith/ Shelden/ Solomon

5.- Pau Gasol/Batista/ Wright

woohoo.gif

Quote:

#11 for Sergio?
confused.gif

I'd rather have Critt / Law / Stuckey / Jack. All have shown the ability to play better perimeter Defense than Sergio I'm sure. Perimeter defense is as big a problem for us than any of the other obvious weaknesses.

Not Jack. Word in Portland is that he's about to lose his starting job to Sergio. I wouldn't mind Sergio, and Critt/Law/Stuckey all have that unknown quality - could turnout to be great, or could bust. With Jack we know he's something in between. Only reason to trade for him is the homer support for a GT player.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Not Jack. Word in Portland is that he's about to lose his starting job to Sergio. I wouldn't mind Sergio, and Critt/Law/Stuckey all have that unknown quality - could turnout to be great, or could bust. With Jack we know he's something in between. Only reason to trade for him is the homer support for a GT player.

Maybe others. I love the Spanish Magician. He's more a pure Pg than even Conley.

W

Quote:

Quote:

#11 for Sergio?
confused.gif

I'd rather have Critt / Law / Stuckey / Jack. All have shown the ability to play better perimeter Defense than Sergio I'm sure. Perimeter defense is as big a problem for us than any of the other obvious weaknesses.

My favorite Jarrett Jack game last year... and as much as I like him what Sergio will never bring.

Quick: Blazers Beat Wiz, Surpass '05-'06 Win Total

Posted by The Oregonian Sports Desk February 11, 2007 20:55

By JASON QUICK

THE OREGONIAN

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- For two weeks, Jarrett Jack downplayed Sunday's game against the Washington Wizards, and the outlandish prediction by All-Star guard Gilbert Arenas that he would score 50 points against the Trail Blazers.

Jack and the Blazers said they paid no attention to Arenas' vow to score 100 points in two games this season against Portland as a way of geting back at coach Nate McMillan for playing a part in his being cut from the U.S. National team this summer, of which McMillan served as an assistant.

But certainly they heard Arenas on national television, saying "I'm coming for you Portland", and they read his blog that predicted his next 50 point game would come Sunday against the Blazers.

And it was in their head enough that on Friday, after a win against Charlotte, the Blazers locker room was buzzing about "Agent 0" (one of Arenas' nicknames) coming after them.

So there was more than a measure of validation for Jack and his teammates Sunday when the Blazers routed the Wizards 94-73 in their own building while holding Arenas to 9 points on 3-of-15 shooting.

"Of course it motivated me," said Jack, who was the primary defender against Arenas. "That's like a dude saying he was going to punch you in your face. I mean, are you going to let him do that? But you know, I'm not into talk and all that, I just go out and play."

While Jack was talking, teammate Zach Randolph couldn't help himself.

"Yeah, Jack, you tell them! You locked him up! You put the cuffs on that boy," Randolph said practically dancing in delight.

And what's more is that Jack did a little damage himself on the offensive end, breezing by Arenas and the soft Wizards defense for 18 points and five assists.

"Jarrett did a nice job, a real nice game," McMillan said.

"Tonight, I didn't have a good game, and B-Roy didn't play that well, but other guys stepped it up," Randolph said. "That just shows you how much better we are than last year. We are a team, not just one or two guys. We are together."

Because of that, the Blazers have been more successful this season, perhaps more so than they ever imagined. And with win 22 coming Sunday, with 30 more games remaining, Jack said it released a burden off the player's minds.

"We can finally put last year in the past," Jack said.

Right alongside that place in the past, the Blazers can put Arenas' vow to score 50.

"I told (Arenas) before the game, 'Man, you ain't going to get no 50 on us," Randolph said. "I don't know what he was doing. He can get 50, but not on us."