• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Latest PTL draft rumblings

Not sure if it's been posted here already, but I was listening to sports radio today and heard an interesting Oden injury rumor. Just in time for Oden's scheduled workout with the Blazers (Wednesday), information has 'leaked' about Oden having recurring injuries regarding his knees and back.

I didn't catch the part about the knee situation, but the rumor is that he he has a herniated disc problem in his back comparable to TMac. This has naturally put the entire town into a frenzy because until now it was all but decided that the Blazers were taking Oden. The talk of taking Durant as the safer of the two players is starting to gain steam, although I don't know how much I buy into that. Just last season the Blazers drafted Aldridge and I would assume that their medical staff was as aware of his injury history as we (Hawks) were.

One more interesting note came from Kevin Pritchard (GM). There was a sound clip taken from Rome is Burning the other day (Tuesday?) where Pritchard addressed some draft questions. Naturally, he sidestepped any questions regarding who he was leaning towards, but he made it crystal clear about his stance regarding Zach Randolph. When Jim Rome asked him about Randolph, Pritchard flat out DENIED that he was being shopped. Pritchard went as far as to say that they want to continue to build around him. Smoke and mirrors?

Quote:

Yea the injury issue has been posted. The back is probably the big concern. Zach not being shopped; that is news. But like you said, it could all be smoke and mirrors.

I figured the Oden injury concerns had already been posted but I don't keep up with threads on here as often as I used to.

The whole thing with Randolph seems like lip service and nothing more at this point. As soon as the Blazers landed the #1 pick, the main topic has been finally unloading Randolph and finally getting away from the Jailblazer image. Plus, it was obvious that the team performed better when they played a faster pace with Aldridge on the floor instead of Randolph.

Pritchard was talking about how he loved what Randolph brings to the table and that there's few people that can score in the low post like he can, which I can agree with to an extent. But to keep Randolph and his contract, and to limit the playing time of Aldridge and/or Oden doesn't seem like the right decision at all.