• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What is Yi's height?

txsting

Has this leaked out of the workouts yet?

On Yi's blog (at nba.com) it is now calling him 6-11. Seems like I've seen 6-11 thrown out in some other outlets this week as well.

I don't think it matters to me, but how many of you who hold Yi in high esteem feel less enamored at 6-11, vs 7-0 or 7-1? The only measurement I'd be interested in is reach.

I hear what you're saying. When you see ZaZa at 6"11, you aren't impressed. But if you see Tim Duncan or Pau gasol at 7"0 you put them on a whole different echelon (forgetting thet fact that the latter two are 5x better than ZaZa). I'd say he's 6"11 without shoes

what about his age? has that been clearly defined yet? I was listening to NBA Radio on Sirius yesterday and they were saying that it came out that he is 23, not 19 or 21 like initially and then again reported.

If 23 might have to have 2nd thoughts because it would totally change the dynamic of his videos against the competition, since he is not a 19 year old playing against men, and takes away some of his upside potential. As well, it shortens his NBA career.

GO HAWKS!!!

23 would really bother me. For what it's worth, nba.com is going with 19 as his age. But I keep wondering how he can be 19 AND have 5 years CBA experience. So he started in CBA at age 15??

So, when he started CBA, he was either 15 or 19 at that point. Usually the difference between those ages is rather obvious.

I wonder if any of our Chinese friends remembers how old Yi was when he entered CBA? It's very possible that someone forged papers to make Yi appear older in order to get into the CBA, but I have no idea of course.

Quote:

23 would really bother me. For what it's worth, nba.com is going with 19 as his age. But I keep wondering how he can be 19 AND have 5 years CBA experience. So he started in CBA at age 15??

So, when he started CBA, he was either 15 or 19 at that point. Usually the difference between those ages is rather obvious.

I wonder if any of our Chinese friends remembers how old Yi was when he entered CBA? It's very possible that someone forged papers to make Yi appear older in order to get into the CBA, but I have no idea of course.

I think that it is borderline racism that people are throwing out that he could be 4-5 years older than stated, as if the Chinese can't count or that in "mysterious" China, they don't have modern birth records. Its ridiculous.

If he were really 21 or 23, don't you think someone would come forward and say "Wait a minute - that guy was in my first grade class - there's no way he's only 19 years old"?

I don't get the distrust of his age. I can believe Yi is 19 alot more easily than I can believe Oden is. That guy looks 40 (I'd still draft him in a heartbeat, though).

Quote:

Yeah - agree with this. You'd think that someone from his past would come forward, unless they were afraid of consequences.

If anybody comes forward, he better be outside the country now; he will have a compelling case for political asylum outside of China,.