• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Theodore Papaloukas/ Chauncy Billups

Johann

Hoopshype quotes the Racine, Wisc. paper as saying we are one of two frontrunners courting T Papa of CSKA Moscow, according to his agent; described as "the best point guard not playing in the nba." May have been posted already - I have been lost in cookie-space. Thanks mountainjim for the rescue.

What are the chances of Billups signing for the MLE if he thinks that with Amare and our existing pieces we have a shot at the East title (I know I'm jumping the gun here - pull the trigger, Steve Kerr!)?

yes, IF we get Amare, i'd rather get the european kid just because he would be cheaper and younger...billups would be great for us now but our whole team is young and billups is about 5 years older than our average...i wouldnt be upset though.

but i think the eurokid is worth the gamble....does anyone have a clip of him?

Papaloukas looks to have some good size. I think he'd be cheaper than Billups and the biggest thing about signing Billups is, first he'd have to want to come here, second, signing him automatically takes away re-signing Smoove I'd think. I mean, we'd still have Lue, Lo, Chillz, and Salim coming off the books, but we'd also have to replace those bodies on the team. Either way, I don't think we can lose, but I'm leaning more towards taking the chance on the cheaper, younger option.