• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How to Make Money with Yi

AnakinJoe

And I'm not talking about selling single-game tickets at Philips Arena.

Television broadcast revenue. Here's guessing that the what China gets is a feed of our local game broadcasts. So I'm guessing that the owners get some money from that deal (as opposed to the cash going exclusively to the NBA). At worse, maybe the owners get a portion of the ad revenue sold by the China broadcaster who airs the feed of the game.

How many corporations interested in doing business in China will line up to become sponsors of the Hawks or Philips Arena? Keep in mind, corporations can't get that from advertising with 28 other NBA teams, only Hawks and Rockets. I can see Yi wearing a UPS uniform on a billboard while wearing a Hawks baseball hat.

Luxury box suites. Think anyone who may be entertaining visiting Chinese businessmen would pay a premium for a luruxy box at Philips? They'll be able to close more deals there than at The Cheetah.

If Blazers owner Steve Jobs wants to sell the iPhone in China, do you think Oden can help him? Nope, Apple (or AT&T) will need to leverage the unique channels of the Hawks and Rockets. Same is obviously true for any other US-based company looking to grow their market share in China.

This is far bigger than selling 2,000 more season ticket packages at $2,000 a pop (which is what Amare could do). And they won't have to pay $14M to Yi next year to watch the money flood through the doors. It's a business baby, a cold hard business.