• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you think the Magic wiill do a S&T with us?

SmooveTheFuture

They sign and trade Darko Milic for either Childress or Shelden along with Wright and Tyron Lue. That would finally give us legit 7 foot center who can block shots, rebound and score in the post. He would most likely back up Either Zaza or Horford. Now that I think of it why not send them Either Zaza or Shelden in the deal that means Horford could back up Smoove and Zaza or Shelden could back up Darko at the 5.

Quote:

They sign and trade Darko Milic for either Childress or Shelden along with Wright and Tyron Lue. That would finally give us legit 7 foot center who can block shots, rebound and score in the post. He would most likely back up Either Zaza or Horford. Now that I think of it why not send them Either Zaza or Shelden in the deal that means Horford could back up Smoove and Zaza or Shelden could back up Darko at the 5.

Why would we want Darko? The guy is a stiff. It is why Detroit gave him away and Orlando abandoned him. He is sorry.

I personally feel that Darko would be a good pickup for the right price. My question is more of his attitude than his ability. I have no idea what kind of person he is. Work ethic? He has improved with more minutes. 1.8 blocks with 25 or so MPG. You can't teach 7' 250 lbs.

Smith/Horford/Darko would be a HUGE, IMPOSING frontline when going for defense.

How is he a sorry stiff??? He finally got playing time last year showed he can block shots and rebound at an nba level. He averaged nearly 2 blocks a game in less then 30 minutes of action thats more then Shelden and Zaza average combined!. Im willing to get him if we can trade either Zaza or Shelden in the deal. Darko is younger then both of them is taller, better shot blocker and much more potential to a be good/great player in this league compared to those guys. Anyone who watched Darko play last year can see he has nice form and really nice looking shot he has the potential to be a really good player in the NBA and he is physcially a beast he looks huge out there. He avged 8 pts 6 rebounds and 2 blocks in 24 mins of action. His real playing time on consistent basis in the NBA and he just turned 22. Ill take his kid in a heartbeat over Zaza and Spedhead.

Quote:

How is he a sorry stiff??? He finally got playing time last year showed he can block shots and rebound at an nba level. He averaged nearly 2 blocks a game in less then 30 minutes of action thats more then Shelden and Zaza average combined!. Im willing to get him if we can trade either Zaza or Shelden in the deal. Darko is younger then both of them is taller, better shot blocker and much more potential to a be good/great player in this league compared to those guys. Anyone who watched Darko play last year can see he has nice form and really nice looking shot he has the potential to be a really good player in the NBA and he is physcially a beast he looks huge out there. He avged 8 pts 6 rebounds and 2 blocks in 24 mins of action. His real playing time on consistent basis in the NBA and he just turned 22. Ill take his kid in a heartbeat over Zaza and Spedhead.

You wish he was all that but he ain't. Ask Detroit and Orlando. the guy is not good. He should have dominated at least some. He is soft not what we need.

As of a matter of fact if Rashard Lewis does sign with the Orlando Magic. Darko will be an unrestricted FA which would we havent to trade anything to get him. I would try to sign him to a 4 year deal around 30-35 million dollars. I would also try to pacakge Zaza or Shelden along with Lue or Anthony Johnson for another SF to open up a roster spot for darko.

Quote:

Darko is reported to want 10 mil a year. I wouldn't pay him anything close to that; let alone give away some of our tradeable assets. I would consider giving him our mid-level exemption.

Well the Magic once they sign Rashard Lewis will not be able to do a sign and trade with Darko. So that leaves only what how many teams that can offer him that much money 10 million a year. I cant think of anyone other then Milwaukee and Memphis who has that kind of cap room. Neither of those teams need a center so I dont see Darko getting 10 million. 8 Million max more along the lines of 6.5 to 7 Million. I think we def. have to take a look at him if you are the Hawks the guy is a huge and can block shots.

It's not always about talent when the player is unrestricted...

One: It's a way to get the player more money and more years.

Two: Cancel out other teams that are vying for their services also...

Three: It would allow the team to get something in return as opposed to just letting them walk and getting no compensation.

It's not just about "giving away" talent...

In the Hawks case we have somewhat of a glut and a two for one for Darko while matching the salaries would be Great...I'd ZaZa and AJ for Darko and sign him to maybe a 5yr/30mil deal (6 mil avg. per)

Replace one seven footer with a much better one while also unloading one of the pg's that must be moved anyway.

Thoughts?

Quote:

Sorry, but in our rotation, he won't get more than 24 min a game. No point in paying a guy 10 mil for that. This is the kind of emotional logic that comes from the same folks who gripe about us having given Speedy (a career backup) 5-6 mil per. Now you want to give another career backup twice that?

If you're argument is that he's still young and developing, you better go back and make sure you haven't made any posts calling MW a bust lately before calling that logic.

As far as Shelden and Zaza vs. Darko, I'll give you a new stat to consider....performance per dollar. Zaza is one of the best values in the league considering what he gets paid and Shelden will be getting 2nd year money.

Quote:

Sorry, but in our rotation, he won't get more than 24 min a game. No point in paying a guy 10 mil for that. This is the kind of emotional logic that comes from the same folks who gripe about us having given Speedy (a career backup) 5-6 mil per. Now you want to give another career backup twice that?

If you're argument is that he's still young and developing, you better go back and make sure you haven't made any posts calling MW a bust lately before calling that logic.

As far as Shelden and Zaza vs. Darko, I'll give you a new stat to consider....performance per dollar. Zaza is one of the best values in the league considering what he gets paid and Shelden will be getting 2nd year money.

I concur. Darko is not as good (valuable) as Zaza or Shelden. Darko is weak.

If I understand correctly that the Magic won't have any cap room available to do a sign and trade with us that involves taking back some of our players, then we probably need to trade a couple of our guys for a future draft choice and then sign Darko.

Do we trade some combination of Shelden, Lo, Lue, or AJ for a future late first or early second rounder to a team that has some capspace?

Seattle might want Shelden. Milwaukee might want Lue or AJ. Memphis might want Shelden, AJ, or Lue.

I'd like to have a center rotation of ZaZa and Darko (24 minutes each) giving us an offense/defense combination.

Then we'd have Smoove and Horford at PF, Marvin and Chilz at SF, JJ and Chilz at SG, and Speedy/Law at PG.

That's a nice team, though I'd still like a better starting PG eventually. And eventually we'd need to move Marvin or Chilz if Horford is good, since he'll need more minutes at PF and Smoove will have to play some minutes at SF.

Trading Marvin or Chilz should get us a better starting PG.