• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Until they play...

DJlaysitup

Acie Law and Al Horford have yet to play their first minutes in the NBA...even Summer League. Without that they are non-factors in my opinion. What you did in the NCAA = spit in the NBA.

Speedy BETTER be ready and healthy...JJ has to be phreakin unless there is an ASG miracle trade. (JS too). nol2.gif

Quote:

Acie Law and Al Horford have yet to play their first minutes in the NBA...even Summer League. Without that they are non-factors in my opinion. What you did in the NCAA = spit in the NBA.

Agreed. I have to skip the treads where comparing Horford and Law to established NBA players and even All Star players. this is the one year where i do look forward to summer league play so I can see the transition to the NBA style of play.

----------until they play.

Don't sell them short before they have a chance to get

on the floor - not just the rookie league - not just

in pre-season games.

We've been told - or perhaps witnessed - what they did

in the minor leagues - NCAA - but now comes the big

leagues - NBA.

Sure, it's different. But, it's really the same. They

don't change the size of the ball or the goal. The

talent they must face is better.

Don't assume, just because they are putting on Hawks

uniforms, that alone makes them a failure.

No one is guaranteed instant success in the NBA. Why

would we expect that from our picks?

I sincerely believe the Hawks have two good players

which will improve our team. Just how much help they

will bring, we must wait - by the all star break, we

should have a pretty good idea.

twocents.gif

All of these EC teams that have improve themselves on paper are non-factors in my opinion. It work both ways. It is cool to have some fans admit defeat before the season has even begun. The way some of you talk. Why even bother playing a single game for the next 5 years?

In the 04-05 season Loul Deng and Ben Gordon were solid contributors as rookies to Chicago returning to the playoffs. They had a young, deep team much like ours with 2 first round picks who were expected to contribute. I'm not saying anything is guaranteed, just that there's cause for hope.

Well I'll be listening to the summer league games out of Utah....and I want our guys to do good.

If it's like it was last year the NBATV tape delay broadcasts will be around midnight..and 790 will be unreliable.... Drop by the chatroom GM and catch the semi-live play-by-play. thumb3d.gif

BTW GM...I will be most interested in Acie since they don't give the ball to inside players much.

Quote:

In the 04-05 season Loul Deng and Ben Gordon were solid contributors as rookies to Chicago returning to the playoffs. They had a young, deep team much like ours with 2 first round picks who were expected to contribute. I'm not saying anything is guaranteed, just that there's cause for hope.

Well I would agree if we HAD TAKEN Loul Deng - who can get his shot off instead of a GLUE player who can't shoot when anybody is around him.

Let's get real....JChillz is a bench player for one reason....he has a stupid shot that he can't launch.