• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Interesting Rumor....

Diesel

• Premium Member

I was chatting with a friend of mine who lives in Tacoma, WA. He knows some people in the Basketball circle, Not on a business front, but on a personal front. (i.e., He's not in the basketball business). Anyway, we were talking and he said to me that he has spoken to some people who said that "Lenny may have been offered a powerful position in our front office and that the Split may be resolved soon?"

The way that Gearon Jr. Loves BK, I can only imagine that Belkin believes that he will win the suit and he is going to ask Lenny Wilkins to be his VPOBO??

Or maybe Lenny will become President of the Hawks with BK as his GM for the time being?

Or maybe BK will be fired and Lenny will becomes GM?

Or maybe BK and Woody will be fired and Lenny will be GM, Coach, and player. (That was just a joke right there)...

I'm just wondering what could it be? If Belk wins, Atlanta will become Cheap city...City of Cheap.

My friend also believe that if Seattle wouldn't have won the 2nd overall pick, they would have pushed for a trade for Marvin. All up in Tacoma and the surrounding areas (which must be close to where Marvin is from), they would love to see Marvin and JT back playing for the Sonics. Supposedly HS basketball is big in Washington?... and every year, JT gives and indication that he's coming back!!! He didn't say much about Marvin... BUT DARN... I could have done a Ridnour, Wilcox for Marvin/Lue!!!

If Lenny does become GM, I wonder what he will do?

That is interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about Lenny, to be honest about it. I just can't get past the fact that he (in concert with Babcock) was the driving force behind the Dominique Wilkins trade, as well as the JR Rider trade....arguably the two worst moves in Atlanta Hawks history. And it seems this franchise has been cursed with bad karma ever since those two trades.

No way Lenny comes back here...I just don't see it??? What's the connection between Belkin and Lenny?

Marvin/Lue for Ridnour/Wilcox would have been a horrible deal for ATL...

Mark my words...Marvin will be a 20/8 player in the NBA for a long, long time...I just hope he's wearing a Hawk uniform.

Quote:

No way Lenny comes back here...I just don't see it??? What's the connection between Belkin and Lenny?

And I don't know what Lenny's feelings are about this franchise in light of the terms in which he left here. He ostensibly 'opted-out' of his contract (I suppose in an effort by the Hawks to save the HOF coach some face), but in reality it was a forced resignation. So, I don't know if there are any hard feelings there or not- though that was well before the ASG and Belkin were ever a part of the organization.

Quote:

Supposedly HS basketball is big in Washington?...

It's been one of the premire hotbeds for high level HS prospects lately, but 2006 through 2008 have fizzled a bit compared to 02-05.

2002 - Brandon Roy, Nate Robinson

2003 - Aaron Brooks, Derek Ravio, Adam Morrison

2004 - Marvin, CJ Giles, Josh Heytvelt, Rodney Stuckey

2005 - Martell Webster, Micah Downs, Jon Brockman, Marcus Williams (AZ not UConn)

2006 - Hawes

2007 - No huge names, or at least no guys I've heard much buzz about like the ones above.

2008 - same as 07

• Premium Member

I don't know a relation between Lenny and Belkin...

I think Lenny was drafted by Gearon Sr? That's just a guess...

I think all the Atlanta Spirit people know Lenny.

I can't imagine Lenny and Dominique getting along famously, but then again, that was Babcock's doing...

I don't know.

I'm personally more worried that there may be resolution in the favor of Belkin... He has NO Money.

• Premium Member

The question is though...

That regime that fired Lenny is gone. New owners and maybe more.

I'm wondering if it's Belkin trying to make a big splash with the ATLiens??

That sounds like something he'd do.. Get somebody who Atlanta Likes and use him to ease his way into ownership.

Quote:

I can't imagine Lenny and Dominique getting along famously, but then again, that was Babcock's doing...

Well, not entirely. Babcock pulled the trigger on the trade,

but that was obviously done with Lenny's full endorsement and approval. That was pretty much how it worked in those days- and probably how it should have, considering the fact that Lenny's a Hall of Fame head coach.

Quote:

Yeah... We're old men.

I hear that. Speaking of which, I saw where Cal Ripken Jr's oldest boy is now playing professional baseball. I remember seeing him when he was a little boy, back in the Orioles dugout when his old man and his Uncle Billy were both playing for the team- and it literally seemed like yesterday. He was a cute little bugger, with those electric blue eyes just like his Dad has. And now he's all grown up and playing pro ball himself. It's amazing how fast time flies. I'm reminded of that daily when looking at my own sons, and seeing them change and grow almost by the day. I wish there were some way to slow it all down, but time is its own master, and eventually it levels us all until we are nothing but the dust from which we sprang.