• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks 1-150 to win NBA title in 08

koncak

I've often dreamed of putting $100 or so down on a total longshot, and then just seeing what happens. If I do though, it'll probably be on an NFL team, cause it seems like in the NFL you see more one year rags to riches (and vice versa) stories than in any other sport.

Maybe I'll put 100 bucks on the Cleveland Clowns or Arizona Cards or someone like that one of these years. cool.gif

Quote:

I've often dreamed of putting $100 or so down on a total longshot, and then just seeing what happens. If I do though, it'll probably be on an NFL team, cause it seems like in the NFL you see more one year rags to riches (and vice versa) stories than in any other sport.

Maybe I'll put 100 bucks on the Cleveland Clowns or Arizona Cards or someone like that one of these years.
cool.gif

if your going that far, why not put it on the Falcons?!?

uglyhammer.gif

Quote:

if your going that far, why not put it on the Falcons?!?

Cause at least recently, they've never been a big enough longshot to make it worth my while. I mean I'd be looking for a *serious* dog to bet on, if that's what I were going to do. And you have to get in on it when the odds are right too. I remember a couple of years ago when the Browns at one point early in the summer were listed as 500-1 odds to win the Super Bowl, and even just to win the conference championship they were like 400-1. So if you're gonna do it, that's the time to do it. Even if you only bet $10 bucks at 500-1 odds, you're looking at a cool $5000 payout should they win.

Quote:

We are much longer than 150:1.

What you should do is bet one billion dollars against the Hawks. Then, you'd get paid about 7 million when we don't win it all.

except you won't get paid for the better part of a year; and 7 mil on 1billion is only .7% ROI...u could do MUCH MUCH better than that with cds/money market/other guaranteed investments