• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Game is on now on NBATV

WraithSentinel

Please forgive the intrusion but I've a question.

What is Hawk fans' impressions of Derek Raivio? The game vs. the Spurs (the one that's on NBATV now and will replay late tonight) is the one where he played 15 minutes (10 points, 3 assists), didn't have a lot of minutes in the first game, hasn't had many minutes since.

I expect he will hone his game in Europe, to be honest, but were it up to you to hand out training camp invites, would you?

Just wondering, thanks.

I had the game TIVO today. I couldn't wait all day to get home and watch the game. Law and Horford reestablish my feeling that they will be OK in the pros. Ravio was on fire but I think he is a little weak and many times couldn't muscle his way out of a double team. SW had a lot of cleanup points and shot pretty good from the side. Our guys control the paint as they should since no one on the Spurs team was over 6'8.

I agree with aznsensation that Raivio needs to get stronger. I don't see any chance he makes the Hawks because we already have an abundance of PG's. I think his best case scenario is becoming an instant offense Salim-style player for somebody. I don't really think it will happen, but as a Gonzaga alum I would love to see him be successful somewhere in the league.

i thought he played well and reminds me of a Ridnour with a better shot and a shade less quick. To me he would just have to work on his defense and weight. But Steve Blake was about the same size and he got bigger and he can't shoot as well as him....

i think the kid has a future.