• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Oden could be out for the year

BornandDieHawks

"He cannot remember injuring his knee at all," said Oden's agent, Mike Conley Sr. "I guess he just felt some discomfort. Greg can't remember when he hurt it."

Doesn't mean much (as far as truth) coming from an agent.

Still, I doubt this is as much as they are making it. I hope not...hope the guy gets to make his mark in the NBA - coming in second to the Hawks in the Championships of course.

I heard a (joking) sports talker on the radio...said that once they get in there the Doc will say "son...you have the knees of a 35 year old man tongue.gif

Kevin Pritchard was on the espn affiliate station here and he confirmed that Oden is all but done for the year. He said that there's a chance he might come back, determined by his rehab, but the more resounding message was that he's looking at Oden for what he is - a long-term investment - and will treat him as such. There's no need to rush him back into action.

Yep, that's pretty much what I've heard too...microfracture surgery...probably out for the season. Portland fans must be bummed. So much for national TV for this year Blazers.

Can you imagine if we had lucked out and got the first pick and taken Oden? Hawks fans would be going nuts and claiming a "curse" for sure.

(I'd likely be one of them)