• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Final Braves TBS Broadcast Today

KB21

It's a sad day, as this will be the last time the Braves will be broadcast on TBS. I grew up watching the Braves on TBS, following them in the 80's when they stunk and were basically a two man team with Dale Murphy and Bob Horner. Dale Murphy was my favorite player in any sport growing up. When I played little league, Dale Murphy was the guy I tried to be. I patterned my game after his game. There are a lot of memories from those TBS broadcasts. I can remember Skip Caray's call on Otis Nixon's catch when he climbed the centerfield wall. I remember Pete's call when Dave Justice hit the home run to tie the Cincinnati Reds after being down 6-1. I'll never forget the first division championship in the string of 14 straight. They stayed with the game as the Braves players stayed in the dug out to watch the end of the Dogders/Giants game on the jumbotron. I don't think any of the fans left the stadium. The coverage of the pennant race in 1993 was tremendous, when the Braves and Giants went down to the last game of the season.

Skip and Chip will be calling the game today, but I wish TBS would have gone with the original trio to call the game today. Skip Caray, Pete Van Weiren, and Ernie Johnson Sr. should be calling this game.