Eyewitness of Portland vs. Hawks

Zone034life

I'm not saying take nothing from this game but it was hard to get a feel for this team with the top three pgs out. Also Mr do it all J chill, salim and lo wright were also out. I love Anthony Johnsons veteran experience but I was embarrassed a bit for him trying to keep up with Blake, rodriguez and green. Their points were penetrating at will putting ZaZa and Smoove in very bad positions to make a play. Although I will say aldridge would have scored regardless who was playing. He has to be one of the longest men on earth. Him and his carbon copy Channing Frye were to long for our big men. Shooting over the top of them whenever they wanted to. Josh Smith had trouble guarding their stick men down low and Pryzbilla was rebounding at a very high rate.

This game just proved a few things in my opinion. The Hawks do need another big who can rebound and defend. Shelden Williams has no confidence right now. Mario West energy will be the reason he makes the team. The Hawks may need salim stoudamire more than some think because teams will keep running zone until the Hawks shoot them out of it. Marvin Williams being aggressive is his ticket to averaging 16 + next season. Horfords nightly production will be based on how a referee looks at a good strong move to the paint and an offensive foul. He made some good moves but Pryzbilla did his best Vlade Divac impression a few times.

I have to show some love to Jamaal Tatum who played some scrappy defense today. Antywane Robinson showed a nice stroke from outside but did not shoot enough.

What did you see at todays game?

Smoove got handled on both ends of the floor. He looked very frustrated during every time out.

Horford got burned a little bit because Portland's big men are such sticks. His physical presence down low led to a lot of offensive fouls that likely wouldn't have been called against more physical defenders.

Quote:

Although I will say aldridge would have scored regardless who was playing. He has to be one of the longest men on earth. Him and his carbon copy Channing Frye were to long for our big men. Shooting over the top of them whenever they wanted to.

Quote:

The Hawks do need another big who can rebound and defend.

Agreed

Quote:

I didn't see or listen to the game but I noticed in the box score that Hortford had 14 and 11. I've heard the negatives...was there anything positive about this?

The rebounding is a positive. The scoring, not so much. Six of his points were during the last 3 minutes of the game in garbage time.

Quote:

Quote:

I didn't see or listen to the game but I noticed in the box score that Hortford had 14 and 11. I've heard the negatives...was there anything positive about this?

The rebounding is a positive. The scoring, not so much. Six of his points were during the last 3 minutes of the game in garbage time.

We were only down by about 10, it wasn't as bad as you are trying to make it. It's not like the defense just moved aside to let him dunk the ball.