• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Here's a wicked What if...

Diesel

and ORL might not even do that. ORL is not trading that dude straight up for ANYBODY other than LeBron and MAYBE Kobe (Dwight is only 21 and Kobe is 29 - I wouldn't do it). If they do, they're crazy. Dwight is just a freak of nature with his combination of size, athleticism and strength. He MAY not a top 10 player YET but he will be very soon.

That said, obviously I would trade JJ for Howard and I'd STRONGLY consider trading JJ AND Smoove for Howard. That is no knock on JJ or Smoove because I think both of those guys are All Star caliber players - I just think Howard is going to be that good.

Howard/Zaza

Horford/Shelden

Marvin/Chillz

would form a ridiculously good frontline that we could afford to keep together for the forseeable future. We would need a quality SG (or two) but SGs are easier to find than Centers who have the potential to be HOFers.

All of the above said, I am not advocating a trade by any means. In fact, I hope we don't make any moves right now because I think this team has great chemistry and I want to see what we can do as a group.

• Premium Member

I think Howard suffers from Smoove's disease..

Much athletic ability. Freak of Nature.. but very little polished nba skillset.

I think Orlando would easily trade Howard/Nelson for Horford/JJ.

However, I think they want to try this experiment with Lewis first.

Before long, they will be begging teams to trade for him.

Horford is going to be a really good player and JJ is already a really good player but Howard is going to be a DOMINANT player.

This is clearly just a revised version of your proposal to get Howard/Smoove paired together in the ATL but ORL is NOT trading Howard in any REASONABLE deal with us that doesn't include Smoove (and it will take a lot more than just Smoove). I am sure that many of us would like to see Howard and Smoove paired together but unless you are willing to part with a combo of say JJ, Horford, Marvin and Zaza, it ain't happening.

Quote:

Begging teams to trade for a kid who is one of the best 2 or 3 centers in the league at the age of 22???

something.gifsomething.gif

What kind of crack are you smoking??

They are going to hold onto him for as long as they can.

Honestly, I think the only player in the ENTIRE league you trade him for straight up right now is LeBron James.

If we offered JJ they would laugh at us and hang up.

• Premium Member

No doubt. It was a revision. I believe that Howard's potential exceeds JJ's. But Not JJ's and Horford's.

Dominant player or no...

Sometimes having 2 really good players is better than having a "Dominant" player. Even with a "dominant" player, you need the right surroundings.

• Premium Member

Quote:

However, I think they want to try this experiment with
Lewis
first.

The him I was speaking about was Rashard Lewis...Not Howard. I think that once they realize that Lewis is really one dimensional and that they have paid him Shaq money, they will be begging teams to take him!

wave23d.gif