• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Big News... Could Carlisle Be Available?

Diesel

Guest Walter

I hope not. The rumor was one of those made loosely by an announcer and seems less likely until we get an owner and a GM.

I also hear Doc. However, I don't know if I would leave if I were him with the added talent of the Miller trade. Certainly he would have to have GM power, not a problem for me, but for new ownership?...not sure. We should have gotten Doc when he was available the year before we eventually did fire Lenny Wilkens. What a waste of a year having lenny Wilkens "develop" all our young players. Waste. Maybe we'll finally get "our" (COY) coach, 4 years removed.

W

And I can't blame him.

First, he may have McGrady, but because of Hill's contract, he doesn't have the ability to add to McGrady. He's got a team that throws Tracy the ball and watches, because he's the only legitimate player they have.

Second, the Magic play in one of the worst arena's in the NBA, and there is some question if they will move to Tampa Bay if a new Arena isn't built. There's a lot of disarray with that franchise.

If I'm Doc, I bolt to Atlanta the first chance I get. First, the Hawks may not have a superstar like McGrady, but they have a more talented overall team than the Magic. Secondly, the Hawks will get a lot of cap room in two years if they choose not to resign Shareef Abdur-Rahim. Thirdly, the Hawks don't have any arena problems. Philips Arena is one of the more state of the art arena's in the NBA, and there is no chance that the team will be moved in the future.

In Atlanta, Doc would be part of a new vision. The new ownership will promote this team much better than AOL, who owned the teams like they never existed. This is the franchise that gave him his start in the NBA. The two road blocks for his return to the Hawks in the past, Stan Kasten and Pete Babcock, will no longer be here. Atlanta is a top 10 media market, so he will get alot more exposure than he does in Orlando.

In Orlando, Doc is keeping a sinking ship above water because he has a super great player in McGrady, but how long will it be before McGrady gets tired of being on a mediocre team that has cap constraints.

If offered the job, I think Doc will come.