• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stoudamire to Atlanta?

Diesel

• Premium Member

It might be a good deal?

Think about it. His contract is coming to a close. We can get him in exchange for maybe... Hendu/CC/Glover (SNT). How desperate is PTL to change?

I would love to try a Stoudamire/JT backcourt....

Believe me, if we play JT at the SG, Stoudamire at the PG and ran ZOne on defense... We'd Run teams out of the Gym. Becuase with our undersized Frontcourt, we have to RUN to make them effective.... Stoudamire lives in Atlanta and I think that he's a much better PG than Terry.

He has two years left on a max deal, so that has become easier to swallow. I've watched Stoudamire for 4 years now, and his minutes the last 2 months here were the best that he has played.

His first two years he wasn't as good as Greg Anthony just to give you some perspective.

As long as the Hawks gave up nothing but bad contracts (read: Henderson, Crawford) I think that it would be a good deal since Stoudamire has something to prove and will be a good scoring option at least for a year or so.

If the Hawks give up anything more than garbage then the deal stinks.

BTW, I wouldn't call Stoudamire a better PG than JT either. He is a shooting guard in a 5-9 1/2 body.

that backcourt would get more than run out of the gym D, I expect more from you. While it has it possibilities and would be fun to try, you know that it wouldn't work on a consistent basis.

I htink Damon is more of a true pg than JT, though JT has the better shot...they're almost even as players. Regardless, you can't play them together...

the whole Portland situation should make free agency interesting!

• Premium Member

Give it a chance... Think about it. We'd have two of the fastest guys in the nba playing in the backcourt. I don't suggest it for 48 minutes nor on every occassion. However, I'd play them 70% of the time... I'd also resign DJ and give him time off the bench and depending on matchup, I might give him more time. However, don't tell me that 2 PGs can't work. Look at Cassell/Payton, Davis/Wesley, Nash/Van Exel, Kidd/KJ.... Small ball works IF you can get your team to play Uptempo. We'd be the ones running other teams off the court. PLUS, I think Stoudamire could help JT with his PGing. JT doesn't have the mind of a PG, Stoudamire does. That's why Stoudamire was so effective in Toronto. Give him scorers like SAR, JT,and Big Dog and we are liable to have a very hard team to beat.

The point is that when you play in this fashion, your goal is to OUTSCORE. Our Zone defense is just that. A defense that's setup to hinder (not to stop), but we meet strength with Speed. Otherwise, we can watch as more Physical teams beat ours down and we really have no answer.

But we've already discussed, and agreed to a large degree, that you can't play "uptempo" with GRob in there/on the team.

On a seperate but related note - do you want to resign DJ? What about Ira? Both? If one or the other...?

Personally, I would not be too excited to try a Stoud/JT backcourt. I think it should be one or the other if that trade were to happen. If we happened to pickup DS, we should see what we can get for JT in a sign-and-trade. Maybe we make the Portland trade bigger adding in JT.

JT/Glover/Hendu/Nazr/CC for DS/D.Davis/Anderson

Is that asking too much?

Stoudamire/Dickau

Anderson/Slim/vet

Robinson/Ira

Reef/Davis

Theo/Davis

No matter what, I don't expect Grob to stay so I've been thinking quite a bit of what possible ideas are out there. I'd like us either to become a run-and-gun offensive team and/or a stifling defensive team; as we all know Grob doesn't fit into either of those.

Grob/Dickau/Nazr to MEM for Person/Battier/Knight?

JT/Knight

Person/Slim

Battier/Ira

Reef/Hendu

Theo/???(#21?)

I really like that lineup, esp. if Person's starting job were somewhat temporary in anticipation of full recovery by Slim. In doing so, we gain another vet in the locker room and solve our often stated need of a sniper off the bench...Person fills both roles.