• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Have you noticed...

Gambit99

In both games...when we get physical the other teams weren't able to compete with us. When Smith, Horford and Shelden are gansta the other teams have been out of rythem.

Also last nights loss wasn't due to Ref's (sorry call, but it happens), Woody or Lue but Det got way too many offensive rebouds and scored on most of them. Take away half of their offensive rebouds and we win with a walk off.

Thought: When teams are doubling on JJ, would a line up of Lue, Salim, JJ, Marvin, Horford work? I'm thinking with Lue, Salim and Marvin able to hit the jumpers team may become reluctent to double...now of course I don't like this line up for defensive reasons, but if we can get them out of doubling JJ we can then bring Smith and Law back in. I think this line up may also do well against a zone. You could also go Law, Salim, JJ, Marvin, Horford.

Quote:

Also last nights loss wasn't due to Ref's (sorry call, but it happens), Woody or Lue but Det got way too many offensive rebouds and scored on most of them. Take away half of their offensive rebouds and we win with a walk off.

Good points, but I'd also say the ugly/stupid TOs and the attrocious shot selection were more to blame. We're rebounding better than last year at least (gotta give Horford, Smoove and Shelly props... hell, even Marv is hitting the boards harder).

I don't think that line up would work for two reasons. One, Tye Lue slows down the motion and ball movement of the offense. Two, Salim Stoudamire just doesn't appear to be willing to accept his role as a spot up jump shooter.

If the Hawks threw the line up of Lue, Salim, JJ, Marvin, and Horford on the floor, JJ, Marvin, and Horford may never touch the ball on offense.