• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I am so tired of Tyronn Lue

DavidSomerset

Yes, lets go ahead and get out of the way that I am grateful for the way he played vs. the Mavericks and that awesome game winning shot he had against the Nets last year.

Aside from those two games, I truly believe having Lue in the game for an extended period of time really, really hurts this team.

He thinks he is such a better player than he is...He is such a freaking ball hog for a point guard...We need someone who will penetrate and distribute the ball...Not some slow footed PG that will drive to the basket and either throw up a bad lay up, or stop and take an off balance shot...IT IS OK TO PASS THE BALL!!!

And don't even get me started on his defense...He is literally the WORST defensive PG in the league...Absolutely awful...His inability to play defense and efficiently distribute the ball really hurt us, particularly when he's in at the end of the game.

I don't care if Acie Law is a rookie, why was he not in for the entire last part of the game???

Sorry for the rant to all the "Lue Fans"...But I am really getting fed up with him.

He'll have a GREAT game about 1 out of every 10 times...Then again when you hog the ball and take all those shots, you're bound to get lucky a few times...

hairpulling.gifhide.gif

Quote:

I didn't see the game last night but TLue was huge against Dallas in the 4th.

He took alot of stupid shots in the 4th quarter of that Dallas game. He would dribble the ball down and chunk up a "3" with 20 seconds left on the shot clock. The next possession he would dribble the shot clock away and hoist up another 3 with 2 seconds left on the clock. Lucky for us some went in vs. Dallas. You can't win consistently with the way Lue plays. He never gets us into a set with ball movement. Lue either shoots it himself or hands the ball to JJ at the top of the key.

He is a "Russian Roulet PG" in the mold of Stephon Marbury. When his shots are not falling he is complete garbage. He makes no one better, he actually hurts the supporting cast, a PG is supposed to make their life easy.

ACIE LAW is clutch so play him in crunch time !

quote] I don't care if Acie Law is a rookie, why was he not in for the entire last part of the game???

This is just a guess but I would say that it likely had something to do with 5 TOs he had in about 22 minutes. With Smoove turning it over at such an alarming rate (and in such spectacular fashion) and with Horford doing the same, I don't think there is any way Woody was going with Law down the stretch.

As soon as Law shows Woody that he can limit his turnovers, he will be our starting PG. Period. He is CLEARLY the most talented guy we have at the position. I just don't think Woody is going to be willing to go with a turnover prone PG in crunch time. Law will learn that there are times to make plays and there are times to play it safe. Once he does that, Woody will trust him and he is going to be awfully good.

All of the above said, I wish Woody had went with ANYBODY at PG down the stretch other than Lue. If not that, he should have at least doubled Chauncey immediately on the catch and forced him to pass the ball. He is going to score on Lue 7 times out of 10 in a one on one situation when he posts him up. If he didn't want to go to Acie there, I think he should have went with Chillz on Chauncey. The only issue would have been getting the ball up the floor. All we were doing on offense once we got it in the halfcourt was clearing it out for JJ anyway.

...as a BU Pg! I believe that is the issue. What Pg best fits in with a talented group of starters with JJ, JS, and MW and what Pg is best suited to fill the role when JJ AND JS or MW are off the court? Lue should excell in that role and we should feel fortunate to have him in it I-F we are smart enough to utilize him in that way.

IMO, JJ should be out of the game at least 20-25 MPG. That is roughly the amount Lue should play. When one vet leaves the other comes in. Not too tough for even Woody to execute this rotation IMO.

W

Quote:

quote] I don't care if Acie Law is a rookie, why was he not in for the entire last part of the game???

This is just a guess but I would say that it likely had something to do with 5 TOs he had in about 22 minutes.

That is true. I do recall a couple of his turnovers were actually awsome passes.

Remember that left handed pass, at full running speed, on the break (I think to Marvin) that counted as a turnover. That was Steve Nash type pass. That was really an A+ pass for a PG. Marvin just didn't catch it. That pass even blew away Smitty and Bob in the booth.

Then there was a good drive and kick out to Childress that slipped through Chill's hands. That too was a good play by Law.

His last turnover was a bone headed mistake that any rookie PG would expierence but is till not excusable.

My only point is sometimes box scores don't tell the whole truth and I think this classifies. Law took better care of the ball then the 5 TO's indicate. The players around him just have to get used to playing with a PG that has floor vision and better then average passing skills.

Quote:

... and what Pg is best suited to fill the role when JJ AND JS or MW are off the court? Lue should excell in that role and we should feel fortunate to have him in it

Good point.

Just don't put Lue in the game during crunch time. It gives me an ulcer.

I would rather watch a rookie grow then play Russian Roulet with Lue's jumper. A missed jumper is like a turnover any way.

Quote:

Quote:

This is just a guess but I would say that it likely had something to do with 5 TOs he had in about 22 minutes.

That is true. I do recall a couple of his turnovers were actually awsome passes.

Remember that left handed pass, at full running speed, on the break (I think to Marvin) that counted as a turnover. That was Steve Nash type pass. That was really an A+ pass for a PG. Marvin just didn't catch it. That pass even blew away Smitty and Bob in the booth.

Then there was a good drive and kick out to Childress that slipped through Chill's hands. That too was a good play by Law.

His last turnover was a bone headed mistake that any rookie PG would expierence but is till not excusable.

My only point is sometimes box scores don't tell the whole truth and I think this classifies. Law took better care of the ball then the 5 TO's indicate. The players around him just have to get used to playing with a PG that has floor vision and better then average passing skills.

Thank you for putting it so elequently for the stat watchers. That pass to Chillz would have been highlighted in Sports Center if Chillz didn't bungle it. Jason Kidd would have been proud of that.

[quoteIMO, JJ should be out of the game at least 20-25 MPG. That is roughly the amount Lue should play. When one vet leaves the other comes in. Not too tough for even Woody to execute this rotation IMO.

W

I hope that is a mathematical error.

JJ should play 20 minutes and sit on the bench 28 minutes ?

More like JJ should play 38 minutes and Lue should play the 10 minutes JJ is resting ?

We know what ya' meant.

The first pass you are talking about was actually a RIGHT-HANDED pass (as Acie is a lefty) but Billups actually made a terrifc defensive play on Chillz and stripped him of the ball in midair.

The second pass I thought was a combo of Chillz' and Acie's fault (mostly Chillz). Chillz could have caught it but the pass was a little bit hard considering how close the two of them were together. In addition, even if Chillz had caught it, what was he going to do with it? I think at least part of the reason Chillz missed the ball was because he knew if he caught it he was going to have to go really quick to beat the defense to the rim. Acie may have been better off not forcing the issue on that one considering the circumstances in the game at the time.

Your point is well taken that the players have to get used to playing with a PG with floor vision and above average passing skills. Maybe Chillz makes the catch on that 2nd ball once he gets more time playing with Acie.

Quote:

IMO, JJ should be out of the game at least 20-25 MPG. That is roughly the amount Lue should play. When one vet leaves the other comes in. Not too tough for even Woody to execute this rotation IMO.

W

Um, 20-25 minutes? Uh, whaaaa? Dude, you want our best player and All Star to play 23-28 minutes a game?

Wally, I usually take up for you.