• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We Need To Sign Anderson Varajeo

BusBoyIsBack

Cavs declined to pick up the option.

We need to sign this guy. We need all the big bodies we can get. This guy would be an upgrade over Shelden. As hard as Shelden tries, he is too short to get some of the rebounds in this league. It also doesn't help that they don't call over the back as much as they should.

Here you have a hustle guy in Varajeo who can rebound, run the floor, and get scrappy baskets down low.

With Horford, Varajeo, and Pachulia we'd have one of the best big man rotations in the league.

Put him next to Horford and it's like Horford/Noah all over again.

Quote:

Not if it cost us the chance to resign Smith or Chills.

Varejo is not worth 6 years at $60,000,000

He should not be making more the $6 mill per year.

Chillz is not worth re-signing. Varejo at a compromise of 7.5 million per year for four years would be a better option.

Quote:

Doesn't Lue and Lo Wright expire at the end of the year? There is your extra money right there.

Lue, AJ, Lo, Salim, Chillz, and Smoove all expire this season. The problem is Smoove is almost certainly going to get a deal at nearly $10 million per as opposed to his rookie contract. That alone eats up alot of that money coming off the books. You then have to look at even further down the road possibly re-signing Marvin after next season or whether or not you'll re-sign Chillz as well.

Quote:

We don't have to stay under the cap you know.

True, but if we are going to go over the cap I would hope it is for something better the Varejo.

He is a good energy player but has a very low ceiling for offensive potenital.

If we could do a sign a trade for Sheldon and a filler I'd pull the trigger in a second.

Quote:

When Zaza comes back i don't see how Varejo would even get minutes here. Is he really a better defender/rebounder than Horford? it isn't like he can score either.

No Varejo is not better then Horford at anything but he is much better the ZaZa at almost everthing: rebounding, defense, running, and finishing at the rim.

In my opinion Varejo would be taking ZaZa and Sheldens's minutes......not Horford's minutes.

ZaZa and Lue were our problems last year. They are both black holes with low FG percentages and neither can play a lick of defense. Not to mention ZaZa is a sub-par defensive rebounder.

Trade ZaZa or Shelden for Verejo. Where do I sign up ?

Quote:

Quote:

When Zaza comes back i don't see how Varejo would even get minutes here. Is he really a better defender/rebounder than Horford? it isn't like he can score either.

No Varejo is not better then Horford at anything but he is much better the ZaZa at rebounding, defense, running, and finishing at the rim.

In my opinion Varejo would be taking ZaZa and Sheldens's minutes......not Horford's minutes.

ZaZa and Lue were our problems last year. They are both black holes with low FG percentages and neither can play a lick of defense. Not to mention ZaZa is a sub-par defensive rebounder.

Trade ZaZa or Shelden for Verejo. Where do I sign up ?

The problem is that Varejao is a tweener who can't score and wants big bucks. Not a great combination. He struggles guarding centers because he is frequently at a size disadvantage.

http://www.82games.com/0607/06CLE12C.HTM

Quote:

More than anyone I have ever seen in my life.

"Yi is the best player in this draft"..."no..wait...Horford is the best player in the draft"..."no...wait...The hawks NEED to draft Noah!! Anything else is stupid!!!"

Do you ever actually analyze players abilties?? Or do you just mindlessly listen to espn.com.

Do you ever analyze basketball or do you just criticize other people's evaluations.

I didn't know Andy V was asking for that much money.

If he jeopardizes re-signing our star players then obviously I don't want him.

BTW, smart ass the only reason I considered any of the other bigs besides Horford because the "hype" I got caught into was the BS stat that all the championship teams had at least one 7 footer.

I was worried that maybe Smoove and Horford couldn't co-exist but it's clear that their talent and skill overcome the few inches in height.

But Im glad you're more interested in calling out people than evaluating basketball