• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can Acie do it from 23'9" ???

DJlaysitup

Obviously he can shoot the ball from an extra 4 feet (I believe the college 3-point is 19'9")...but can he develop the accuarcy to hit game deciding shots from that further distance? I think it's a tough call...could go either way...but we really need him to be able to do that.

One of the key reasons Acie was drafted as high as he was - was his ability to hit bigtime shots in the clutch. It needs to translate to the NBA or why draft him?

If possible, try to dig up some of Acie's games from college. I think he matches up athletically with Casell at any age and he is very cerebral and well spoken which I also think is an important asset for a PG similar to a quarterback.

Looking at his college games, you'll see he often took 3s from NBA range and have no doubt he will have increased accuracy once Woodson realizes how good this guy is.

This guy was the steal of the draft. As I said in the forums when he was drafted, I still think he will win the ROY award and will be the centerpiece of our team for the future unless we do something stupid and get rid of him in a trade.

--sf

Quote:

If possible, try to dig up some of Acie's games from college. I think he matches up athletically with Casell at any age and he is very cerebral and well spoken which I also think is an important asset for a PG similar to a quarterback.

Looking at his college games, you'll see he often took 3s from NBA range and have no doubt he will have increased accuracy once Woodson realizes how good this guy is.

This guy was the steal of the draft. As I said in the forums when he was drafted, I still think he will win the ROY award and will be the centerpiece of our team for the future unless we do something stupid and get rid of him in a trade.

--sf

He's going to need to start averaging a hell of alot more than 2 assists in 20mpg to even be mentioned in the ROY race. And as long as a skinny kid in Seattle is putting up 20 a game - no one else has a chance.