• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hardball Dynasty anyone?

joannes3000

I was wondering if there were enough people here on the Squawk that were interested in HBD to open a private world. In order to do so, we'd need 32 total GMs, myself included.

The cost for the first season is $14.95 and subsequent seasons are $24.95. You can also buy a 4-pack of seasons for $89.95. A season lasts roughly 4 months (117 days), so it's not like you're paying once a month. On top of that, you get prizes depending on how well your team does as follows:

1. World Series Winner will receive 5,250 Reward Points.

2. World Series Runner-Up will receive $25 in credits for a future HBD season.

3. League Championship Runner-Up (2) will receive $12 in credits for a future HBD season.

4. Division Championship Runner-Up (4) will receive $8 in credits for a future HBD season.

5. First-Round Runner-Up (4) will receive $4 in credits for a future HBD season.

If you get to the World Series, you play for free next season. If you win the World Series, you can get a free season via reward points (3750) with plenty left over.

I just got invited to a private GD coaches league and I must say that I'm extremely impressed with the depth of the game. You have control of everything from the major league level down to low-A ball! Anyone with questions on the game, feel free to click this link and take the HBD tour. If you have any further questions, ask away in this thread and I'll try to answer them to the best of my (limited) ability.

Here's a breakdown of the current season I'm in. I was given this team when one of the GMs stepped down so it's already 1/3 of the way complete. Gives you an idea of how detailed HBD is:

Dates: Friday, 10/26/2007 AM - Friday, 10/26/2007 PM2 Budget Distribution

Set the tone. This is the time to distribute your organizational budget. Divvy up the funds to meet your franchise's goals for this season and beyond. Although there are some restrictions, you have a great deal of decision making awaiting you.

Dates: Saturday, 10/27/2007 AM - Sunday, 10/28/2007 PM2 Rehire Coaches

Bring 'em back. This is the time you can bring back coaches from the previous season without having to deal with other franchises getting in the way. Not all coaches will want to return for another season, but for those that do, be wise in your decisions because these are the guys that shape your franchise's future.

Dates: Saturday, 10/27/2007 AM - Saturday, 10/27/2007 PM2 Avoid Free-Agency/Arbitration

Keep your stars. This is your last opportunity to re-sign your departing free-agents before they they hit the open market. It's also time to avoid arbitration and lock up your young players to long-term contracts before the arbitration hearings begin.

Dates: Sunday, 10/28/2007 AM - Sunday, 10/28/2007 PM2 Arbitration Hearings

Avoid the big payday. For all players not under contract and with between 3 and 5 years of big league experience, this is the time when they'll be trying to cash in. It's your job to come up with reasonable counter offers.

Dates: Monday, 10/29/2007 AM - Thursday, 11/1/2007 PM2 Sign Free-Agents

Get the fans excited. Plug your team's holes with players from the free-agent market. It's a supply-and-demand world, though, so be prepared to go head-to-head with other league owners.

Dates: Monday, 10/29/2007 PM - Thursday, 11/1/2007 PM Hire Coaches

Choose your leaders. This is the time to complete the coaching staff that will mold your franchise with mentors that best fit your strategy at each level. But like the free-agent market, you'll be one of many franchises vying for the services of the better coaches.

Dates: Friday, 11/2/2007 AM - Friday, 11/2/2007 PM2 Rule 5 Draft

Take a flyer! This is the time to grab some surplus talent from another franchise. Any player with 4 or more years of pro experience not on a team's 40-man roster is ripe for the picking. If selected, though, it'll cost you $50K plus their salary and, most importantly, the player must remain on your big league club for the remainder of the season. And don't forget, you must protect your players, too! Rosters are frozen on this day, so be sure to handle your 40-man roster before this date.

Dates: Saturday, 11/3/2007 AM - Thursday, 11/8/2007 PM2 Spring Training

Prepare your team. This is your player's first glimpse at live game action in the Hardball Dynasty season. The spring training season lasts six-days and covers 18 games. Don't forget to set your lineups, pitching staffs and player settings from the Manager's Office. Plus, be sure to go to the Spring Training Squads page in the Manager's Office to bring up your top prospects and best gauge their progress to the big leagues.

Dates: Saturday, 11/10/2007 AM - Monday, 1/7/2008 PM2 Regular Season

Let the games begin. This is the time for the real thing. All levels begin play with the exception of the Rookie League which begins shortly after the Amateur Draft. Be ready for injuries, suspensions, trades, waiver claims, etc. It all starts happening now!

Dates: Wednesday, 11/28/2007 AM - Sunday, 12/2/2007 AM Amateur Draft Preparation

Are you ready for the future? The Amateur Draft takes place four days after this date. At this point, your scouting departments (or lack thereof) have compiled a list of the players available for the draft. It's now your turn to review players and make some crucial choices on your draft strategy.

Dates: Sunday, 12/2/2007 AM Amateur Draft

Build a dynasty. Whether you are winning now or not, the Amateur Draft will have a great impact on your franchise's success for years to come. The 25-round draft will run at this time. Once the draft has ended, it's your job to begin signing your prospects and get them on the field.

Dates: Saturday, 11/3/2007 AM - Monday, 1/7/2008 PM2 International Scouting

Find your diamonds in the rough. This is the first day of the season that your international scouts may begin to contact you concerning players they have found. You'll receive some correspondence anytime a scout finds a player you may be interested it. It's then up to you to sign him up!

Dates: Wednesday, 12/19/2007 PM2 Transaction Deadline

Deals are done. This is the last chance to make a deal without having to pass players on the 40-man roster through waivers. There's usually a flurry of deals made around this time as playoff bound teams prepare for the stretch drive.

Dates: Sunday, 12/30/2007 AM Roster Expansion

Call 'em up. Big league rosters expand to 40 players. This is the time of year you can help your club reach the playoffs with an extra bat or arm or catch a glimpse of the future with some up-and-comers. Don't forget -- in order for a player to be eligible for the playoffs, he must be on the 40-man roster prior to this deadline.

Dates: To Be Determined Playoffs

Win it all! Or, have you gone fishing? Four rounds of playoffs are held at each level, but prizes only apply to Big League winners. Good luck on the ring(s)!

Quote:

update us!

Here's a link to a boxscore of my most recent game. Note the insane amount of detail.

------

I can literally do ANYTHING from:

A manger's standpoint - setting lineups, pitching staffs, pitch counts, defensive replacements, etc.

A GM's standpoint - player callups/demotions, trades (trading block, direct trades), waiver wire moves (pickups, placing players on waivers), free agent negotiations, tryout player negotiations, international player negotiations, etc.

An Admin's standpoint - setting budgets, hiring/firing coaching staff (from ML down to rookie league!).

------

Keep in mind you are literally in charge of 6 full baseball teams. You control every aspect of not only your ML team, but also it's AAA, AA, High A, Low A, and Rookie League affiliate! When I talk about depth, name something in real baseball and I'm willing to bet it's accounted for.

I'm getting ready for the amateur draft right now by looking at prospects and pre-ranking them like you would in fantasy sports. Here's a snippet of what the prospect screen looks like (I apologize ahead of time for the formatting):

Rnk Player Pos B T Age Hometown School CL Signability

1 Chance, Dweezil 2B R R 18 North Branford,CT Wethersfield HS -- Undecided. He has scholarships on the table to play DI college basketball.

2 Reyes, Juan P R R 22 Fort Wayne,IN University of Nevada - Reno SR Undecided. He is also being scouted to play professional basketball.

3 Brock, Steve 2B R R 18 Apopka,FL Evans HS -- Looking to be drafted in the first five rounds. If not, he'll probably accept a scholarship to play DI college baseball.

4 Guerrero, Arthur P L L 22 Las Cruces,NM Princeton University SR Looking to sign. Will sign for slot money.

5 Matos, Santiago SS R R 19 Saratoga Spgs,NY SUNY-Cobleskill FR Looking to sign. Will sign for slot money.

6 Thomson, Bill SS S R 18 Louisville,MS Central Academy -- Looking to sign. Will sign for slot money.

7 Greer, Gary RF L L 18 Middletown,CT Coventry HS -- Looking to sign. Will sign for slot money.

8 Crede, Manny P R R 18 Kiefer,OK Booker T. Washingtoin HS -- May sign if the deal is right. Has been offered several scholarships to play college baseball at a DI school.

9 Suh, Brian P R R 18 Millersville,MD French International HS -- Looking to sign. Will sign for slot money.

10 Vernon, Pat 2B L R 18 Winfield,KS Bishop Carroll Catholic HS -- Looking to sign. Will sign for slot money.

-----

Any specific questions I can help answer?