• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Team of Turmoil

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

I've been on this board and the accessatlanta board for a number of years, I know who cares..............

Anyway, the current state of this Hawks team and organization is the worst since I started following the Hawks in the Late 70s as a kid.

Take a look at the organization from top to bottom. Pete Babcock has gotten all the blame by the majority of the members on this board and the media. I would submit that Stan Kasten has been the MAJOR player in the decline of this franchise. Same thing with the Braves until John Shuerholz (sp) came in and righted the ship.

Now we have ownership issues and I knew the day AOL took control of the team we were in trouble. Ted always loved the Braves more than the Hawks, that was a well-known fact.

The current roster does have talent. I personally am not sold on JT or Reef. JT is a scorer and not a playmaker while I think Reef is a good player offensively, he is also deficit as a defender. Theo has always been a shotblocker and not a rebounder. One problem the Hawks have always had was a player to come off the bench and hit the jumper.

Anyway enough with my ramblings, I visit often but don't write much anymore.

IMO the Hawks need to hire a strong basketbal mind to run the franchise and then a good coach that has done it in the past.

If not, we will continue the downhill desent........