• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

David Aldridge:Hurry and start hiring already!

http://espn.go.com/nba/columns/aldridge_david/1561015.html

"6. The Hawks should hire Mike Dunleavy. Oh, they're going to, already, assuming David McDavid's group finalizes terms of its purchase of the team from AOL by the June 15 deadline. Atlanta showed signs of life at the end of last season, and Dunleavy might be able to build on that. But also ...

7. The Hawks should also hire Pat Croce as team president. That franchise needs a personality transplant. Nothing against the people that have been there for the last few years, but collectively, they're not exactly the Rat Pack, if you know what I'm saying. The Hawks need someone to wake up the sleepiest franchise in the league, in -- I'm being repetitive, I know -- the worst pro sports town in America. Croce would light a fire under everybody with his boundless energy and ability to bring people inside the tent. I'm tired of going to Hawks games and seeing 5,000 people in the stands. There are lots of people with money in the ATL. Croce would make a night at Phillips Arena fun, and make people come back for more. Can't you imagine him rappelling off the CNN Tower, or wrestling Dusty Rhodes out on Peachtree Street? And also ...

8. The Hawks should hire Billy Knight permanently as GM. He's already doing the job, people. Just give him a real contract and let him have at it. Knight learned from Donnie Walsh -- who's the best in the biz at what he does -- and he was building the Grizzlies when Michael Heisley got Logo Stars in his eyes and went for Jerry West. But it was Knight that pulled off the deal that netted Pau Gasol for Memphis."

#7 Especially. All very good points.

I'm wary of Mike Dunleavy, but I'm sure that 90% of it is because his son is a Dukie!

Out of curiosity ~ why do you consider Croce a racist? A Circus clown he is, but I was living in NJ, about forty minutes outside of Philly, when the Sixers went to the finals in '01 and Croce's circus antics generated a lot of interest and hype for the team, esp. during the later part of the season, playoffs, and finals. He's an energetic guy who could possibly be a much needed shot in the arm for this team and city. He's not a fantastic basketball mind, but he also knows this and generally leaves inner-team issues to the gm and coach (and yes I'm aware of his intervening in the turmoil between Brown and AI at its height).

Charles Barkley is an idiot....That hick drives me

nuts.He was a good player, but I wouldn't want

him apart of my franchise.I'd let Kenny with the

team way before Barkley.

how is croce racist? i've never heard that before...now don't get me wrong, his brother shouldn't allowed near our franchise(the one who stole money out of ai's pockets)...but croce is a definite shot in the arm...

seems like a cool guy also.

I dont really have the time it would take to go into it fully, but my accusations are based on a series of comments made by Croce. From his "I'm down with the brothers" comments to rumors about inappropriate comments he supposedly made. Even if I am wrong about him being a racist. Noone will dispute my contention that he is a clown, infact his comments might be more due to stupidity than racism who knows at any rate keep his dumb--- on NBC at least then I wont be stuck with him for the next 10 years the way I was with Babcock.

If anyone is a clown here BigotHawkDown, it is you.

"I dont really have the time it would take to go into it fully, but my accusations are based on a series of comments made by Croce"

One would think that if you're going to levy the strong accusation of "racist" on someone, that you'd at least back up your statement.

"From his "I'm down with the brothers" comments to rumors about inappropriate comments he supposedly made."

Oh, that is your explanation. Saying "I'm down with the brothers" (of course, you provide no context) could be viewed as poor taste or as a joke. But either way, a comment like that in no way makes someone a racist. As if that claim wasn't bad enough, you back that up with the credible statement "RUMORS about inappropriate comments he SUPPOSEDLY made". Wow, this case seems air tight.

"Even if I am wrong about him being a racist."

This statement is real classy. You toss it around so cavalierly. As if there's nothing wrong with levying unfounded accusations of racism at someone.

You've proven time and time again BigotHawkDown that if anyone's comments are driven by race, they are YOUR'S.

i have to agree with him blackhawkdown...I'm a white dude and if someone accused me of being a racist or even put my name in the same context as being racist, i would be EXTREMELY upset, ...

i have probably the temper of a slug so it takes alot to get me upset but things such as this or if someone said i beat women or something like that, would really light a fire under me....

so be carefull what you say unless it is plain obvious..but charles barkely says worse stuff than that about white people and i think he's hilarious.

The temper of a slug?

What kind of doctor are you?

I'm not there yet, but I can already tell that I'm going to be a hardass when I get out of medical school. I guess that's why I plan on going into surgery. You know how General Surgeons get stereotyped as hardasses.

hardass isn't quite the right stereotype there...more like (and this is a generalization) as duchebag. Again, just a stereotype...

don't be that guy man, seriously.