• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hey Walter

Walter that threat is ridiculously long it so I moving your comment here so we can discuss it more easily.

Many of the best in Europe are signed to (long) contracts prohibiting them from playing in the NBA, older than the average draft pick (making them less attractive NBA prospects), are - because the movement is still young - still young players with potential to become much better and not veterans or players in the peak of their career, and/or they have little interest in playing in the NBA.

Take for example the Pg that beat out Kidd for 1st team Olympic Pg two years ago. He has yet to play here and he is maybe the best player in Europe. He was better than Kidd in international play and Kidd, the best Pg in the NBA even then, was 2nd in our MVP voting this year.

Compare foreign players to our domestic best all you like but don't pretend your comparison is without its inherent biases. We invented the sport and have been playing it at a high level for decades. Only since the 1st dream team tore through the Olympics has there been an entire generation in Europe devoted to the sport of basketball, particularly NBA basketball. Since then not only have more and more Europeans chosen basketball as their sport, they have chosen to play with a flare and fearlessness they learned in part emulating our dreamy best.

In short, there are fewer Eurpeans than Americans, even fewer European basketball players, and FAR fewer "Dream Team" generation Euro-ballers. To compare the few that chose to make the plunge into the NBA is to select FROM the best European players (based upon potential) but not to select THE best, it is to select a FAR smaller sample of European prospects from an even smaller pool of NBA-desiring-players, players, and even people, it is to sample them in an environment that favors domestic players almost wholly, etc.

W

First of all I just want to get this out of the way. My comments are not bias. It is not out of US pride that I hate Euro ball ( not Euro ballers), I call it sissy ball. Truth be know I rarely if ever, root for the US in international competition.

Simply ask former Pros from the NBA, Europe has along way to go. Look at the top players in their league too many of them are guys who wouldn't even make the Bulls summer league sqaud. Also if you notice there are probably only 10 young players in Europe that show the kind of potential that Tony Parker(the Best of the Euroleagers) displays.

I saw a lot of Euroleague ball when I was last in Europe. I was disgusted, It was kind of like watching that movie Hoosiers. A whole bunch of people excited about some scrubs. A guy I know who is playing in Europe said the exact same thing to me when I asked him about Euro leagues.

Whenever a loser has great "fundamentals" , crap coaches make up whenever their attacking AI and similar players, it usually means he is garbage. A player with strong Fundamentals is a player who only knows the fundamentals. Rich kids who go to NBA pro camps usual have that crap, and as I remember from high school those kids are garbage.

But that tangent aside I dont see where you are coming from. Euroleaguers American reps are as good or better than 99.9% of the ones in Europe. I hate sissy ball.

PS Walter where are you getting the your info on Euro player contracts. The EU has pretty weak rules about making contracts public domain. Maybe your a lawyer. If you could share your sorce I would appreciate it, it could help everyone here contribute more to the debate.